Bob Stephens

Default Noob Protools question

My daughter is trying to get me to switch from Sonar 4 producer to
Protools. She claims it is more intuitive, versatile, professional quality,
etc. Anyone have an optinion of PT vs Sonar?

Also from what I gather, Digidesign wants to sell their software bundled
with their proprietary hardware for big bucks. Is Protools LE software
available for use with other manufacturer's iron?

TIA

Bob
Pinglish

I have been using PT for everything for years now and cant imagine
changing... friends have tried to push me to Logic but I really believe
that Tools is the most relyable system available on a computer. However
the reason for me is the hardware rather than the software, so yeah,
you have to buy the hardware to work the software, but thats what its
all about in my opppinion.

Lorin David Schultz

"Bob Stephens" wrote:

My daughter is trying to get me to switch from Sonar 4 producer to
Protools. She claims it is more intuitive, versatile, professional
quality, etc. Anyone have an optinion of PT vs Sonar?

I've never used Sonar. Sorry. That said, based on my limited
experience with other audio software (CoolEdit, Vegas, SAW and a few
others I tried out just for giggles) I find it hard to imagine anything
being more versatile than Pro Tools.

Also from what I gather, Digidesign wants to sell their software
bundled with their proprietary hardware for big bucks.

"Big bucks?" A 002 rack with 8 analog I/O plus another 8 via lightpipe
is under a thousand bucks. An Mbox is under $500.

No, you can't use third-party hardware, but you have the luxury of
software and hardware that were, quite literally, "made for each other."

- Lorin David Schultz
in the control room
making even bad news sound good

(Remove spamblock to reply)