Posted to rec.audio.pro
mcp6453[_2_] mcp6453[_2_] is offline

Default Shure SM53 For Sale

I bought a Shure SM53 on eBay when what I really wanted was an SM54 (for looks).
Since I just got a nice looking SM54, I'm selling the SM53 for what I paid for
it: $86 plus shipping, which is only a few bucks. It sounds good to me. The
grill on the front is pretty dented. If you're interested and want to see a
picture, let me know. There is a money back guarantee for any regular member of
RAP. If you're interested, shoot me an email.

While I'm at it, the foam inside the SM54 has crumbled from age. Where can I get
some very thin foam suitable for making a new windscreen?

Posted to rec.audio.pro

mcp6453 wrote:

I bought a Shure SM53 on eBay when what I really wanted was an SM54
(for looks). Since I just got a nice looking SM54, I'm selling the
SM53 for what I paid for it: $86 plus shipping, which is only a few
bucks. It sounds good to me. The grill on the front is pretty dented.
If you're interested and want to see a picture, let me know. There is
a money back guarantee for any regular member of RAP. If you're
interested, shoot me an email.

Instinct and orignal brochure says I should be tempted. I don't know why
yet. What does it do well?

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] leyton_jack@hotmail.com is offline

On Monday, August 26, 2013 at 8:17:11 PM UTC-4, mcp6453 wrote:
I bought a Shure SM53 on eBay when what I really wanted was an SM54 (for looks).
Since I just got a nice looking SM54, I'm selling the SM53 for what I paid for
it: $86 plus shipping, which is only a few bucks. It sounds good to me. The
grill on the front is pretty dented. If you're interested and want to see a
picture, let me know. There is a money back guarantee for any regular member of
RAP. If you're interested, shoot me an email.

While I'm at it, the foam inside the SM54 has crumbled from age. Where can I get
some very thin foam suitable for making a new windscreen?

Do you still have the SM53 and is it working? If so, I would love to buy it for more than you paid. Kind Regards

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] leyton_jack@hotmail.com is offline

On Monday, August 26, 2013 at 8:17:11 PM UTC-4, mcp6453 wrote:
I bought a Shure SM53 on eBay when what I really wanted was an SM54 (for looks).
Since I just got a nice looking SM54, I'm selling the SM53 for what I paid for
it: $86 plus shipping, which is only a few bucks. It sounds good to me. The
grill on the front is pretty dented. If you're interested and want to see a
picture, let me know. There is a money back guarantee for any regular member of
RAP. If you're interested, shoot me an email.

While I'm at it, the foam inside the SM54 has crumbled from age. Where can I get
some very thin foam suitable for making a new windscreen?

I just paid $400.00 for one on Ebay. Sorry yours is sold.