Posted to rec.audio.pro
david correia david correia is offline

Default Interesting POV on the Music Biz

To back this up, Silverman explained to me that even though people are
spending as much time in their cars as they used to, consumers have been
turning off music stations in droves. 27 per cent since 2001, I believe,
about on par with the declines of CD sales.
You would think this means people are just listening to stolen music played
on their Ipod Nanos, but consider this: Sales from independent labels are
actually holding steady.
To oversimplify things just a little, this indicates that the labels have
been putting out a steady stream of prepackaged junk in an effort to appease
the radio programmers and that consumers have been rejecting it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jacob-...ate-of-the-m_b
_44038.html

David Correia
www.Celebrationsound.com
Posted to rec.audio.pro
YourHomeStudioDotCom YourHomeStudioDotCom is offline

I don't listen to any music stations in my market. I am in a bit of a
backwater, however, here in Northwest Louisiana.

Thomas
www.yourhomestudio.com

Free Home Studio Newsletter -

Interesting toy Jenn Audio Opinions 19 November 23rd 06 03:58 PM
An interesting take Howard Roseman High End Audio 10 August 18th 06 09:31 PM
Out of control Putz cannot stop buying the music!! (eas " AMERICAN MUSIC vs EURO/BRIT MUSIC") hank alrich Pro Audio 0 March 11th 04 04:33 AM
Interesting (OT) EggHd Pro Audio 7 September 21st 03 09:10 PM
Interesting article on the effect of PtP file sharing on music sales... Joe Pacheco Pro Audio 54 August 13th 03 02:35 PM