Posted to rec.audio.high-end
[email protected] chris@computeraudiophile.com is offline

Default New Computer Based Audiophile Site

Hi everyone, I just started my own site that is all about music
servers / computer based audiophile products and music. I am a huge
fan of tube gear and music mastered on tube gear (Analogue Productions
releases) and everything vinyl as well. But, with the new high quality
instant downloads available in 24 bit / 96KHz quality, the world is
changing. The sight just launched November 20th, 2007 so please don't
knock me for lack of content yet. I am sleeping very little trying to
get things going. I have setup forums and hope to have a community
that can fill a huge gap on the web right now. There is very little
consolidated information about computer based audiophile gear and
music downloads (24/96 etc...) Please consider posting in my forums
and let me know if you would like to write any articles or reviews to
be published. Thanks everyone!

http://www.computeraudiophile.com

Chris
Computer Audiophile | Turn Down The Silence
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
windcrest windcrest is offline

On Dec 2, 10:08 am, wrote:
with the new high quality
instant downloads available in 24 bit / 96KHz quality, the world is
changing.

Please tell us where someone can download uncompressed audio content
from any record label, I'd settle for just 44.1 khz wav files let
alone the 24b/96k you speak of. I think you are mistaken that
audiophile content is available for download. All I have seen to date
is mp3, wma and aac which are all compressed, and a limited selection
of content consisting of mostly pop music. IOW very little jazz,
classical, and vintage recordings, even compressed are available. But
maybe more folks like yourself will make the labels realize that there
is a market for uncompressed or lossless compressed downloads.
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
bob bob is offline

On Dec 11, 6:57 pm, windcrest wrote:
On Dec 2, 10:08 am, wrote:

with the new high quality
instant downloads available in 24 bit / 96KHz quality, the world is
changing.

Please tell us where someone can download uncompressed audio content
from any record label, I'd settle for just 44.1 khz wav files let
alone the 24b/96k you speak of. I think you are mistaken that
audiophile content is available for download. All I have seen to date
is mp3, wma and aac which are all compressed, and a limited selection
of content consisting of mostly pop music. IOW very little jazz,
classical, and vintage recordings, even compressed are available. But
maybe more folks like yourself will make the labels realize that there
is a market for uncompressed or lossless compressed downloads.

FLAC good enough for you?

http://www.thephiladelphiaorchestra.com/

bob
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Sonnova Sonnova is offline

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 15:57:49 -0800, windcrest wrote
(in article ):

On Dec 2, 10:08 am, wrote:
with the new high quality
instant downloads available in 24 bit / 96KHz quality, the world is
changing.

Please tell us where someone can download uncompressed audio content
from any record label, I'd settle for just 44.1 khz wav files let
alone the 24b/96k you speak of. I think you are mistaken that
audiophile content is available for download. All I have seen to date
is mp3, wma and aac which are all compressed, and a limited selection
of content consisting of mostly pop music. IOW very little jazz,
classical, and vintage recordings, even compressed are available. But
maybe more folks like yourself will make the labels realize that there
is a market for uncompressed or lossless compressed downloads.

Try:

http://www.thephiladelphiaorchestra.com/stash.asp

They offer these files as EITHER 256k mp3 or FLAC. The FLAC files are
uncompressed 44.1/16-bit. They sound great.
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
MINe109 MINe109 is offline

On Dec 11, 5:57 pm, windcrest wrote:
On Dec 2, 10:08 am, wrote:

with the new high quality
instant downloads available in 24 bit / 96KHz quality, the world is
changing.

Please tell us where someone can download uncompressed audio content
from any record label, I'd settle for just 44.1 khz wav files let
alone the 24b/96k you speak of. I think you are mistaken that
audiophile content is available for download. All I have seen to date
is mp3, wma and aac which are all compressed, and a limited selection
of content consisting of mostly pop music. IOW very little jazz,
classical, and vintage recordings, even compressed are available. But
maybe more folks like yourself will make the labels realize that there
is a market for uncompressed or lossless compressed downloads.

http://www.linnrecords.com/linn-downloads.aspx

Offers "Studio Quality" Linn recordings.

http://www.pristineclassical.com/index2.html

Transfers and restorations of historical classical recordings.

Stephen