Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] nainbud@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Lexicon LXP-1 & 5 Jim Willaims Mod. Anybody done it?

Hi just in case you're still getting email messages to inform of you of new posts after 16 years!

I'm interested in swApping the DAC chip in my LXP-1. Could you tell me if this is a straight swap or does the new chip need programming/calliborating?

Thanks

Nainesh
Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

wrote:

Hi just in case you're still getting email messages to inform of you of
new posts after 16 years!

I'm interested in swApping the DAC chip in my LXP-1. Could you tell me if
this is a straight swap or does the new chip need
programming/calliborating?

Thanks

Nainesh

Sorry. Land lines all gone. No can do.

--
shut up and play your guitar * HankAlrich.Com
HankandShaidriMusic.Com
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

wrote:
Hi just in case you're still getting email messages to inform of you of new posts after 16 years!

I'm interested in swApping the DAC chip in my LXP-1. Could you tell me if this is a straight swap or does the new chip need programming/calliborating?

I don't know what Jim Williams does, but you can go to his website and
ask him. Monte McGuire, who used to hang around here, was fond of just
replacing the DAC chip with a higher precision version.

No programming needed, it's just a ladder DAC with nothing programmable
in it. The problem, though, is that Burr-Brown discontinued all of that
stuff fifteen years ago when the Great Sigma-Delta Revolution made it much
easier to make inexpensive and clean converters and ladder converters all
pretty much disappeared from the market. Rochester Electronics or some of
the other outfits that specialize in long-discontinued semiconductors might
have some, but they won't be cheap.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] nainbud@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Hi thanks for such a quick reply! Are all pcm54kp labelled chips burr brown?

Thanks again
Posted to rec.audio.pro

wrote:
Hi thanks for such a quick reply! Are all pcm54kp labelled chips burr brown?

I don't know if anyone second-sourced the things. I'd be surprised if anyone
did, though, because they're not easy to make.

FA: Lexicon LXP-1 Jim Arnold Pro Audio 0 February 20th 06 01:26 AM
F.S. LEXICON MPX-1 [email protected] Pro Audio 0 March 6th 05 07:28 AM
FA:Lexicon PCM-60 [email protected] Pro Audio 0 February 1st 05 07:19 PM
FS/ Lexicon PCM 80 KWLondon Pro Audio 0 November 22nd 03 06:08 PM
FS: Lexicon MPX-1 $450 raciereX Pro Audio 0 October 15th 03 09:54 PM