Posted to rec.audio.pro
BJ BJ is offline

Default software that will allow me to draw the music?

A few years ago, I had a chance to experiment with a program that would
input pictures-- spectrograms, etc and then play music from it. I could
also edit the pictures to make the sounds change. Then last year I
noticed that Sony Spectralayers Pro has a function that allows one to
draw a line to represent a frequency. Problem is that the program
really isn't designed for that and that single line represents only a
single frequency-- it would be nearly impossible to draw in all the
harmonics wanted. So I pose the question he What software allows me
to draw in the desired fundamental frequency, choose the harmonics
wanted, and then manipulate the sound? I recently obtained a scratch
pad for such a purpose so I have better control than with the mouse.

Thanks.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Rasta Robert Rasta Robert is offline

On 2014-11-21, BJ wrote:
A few years ago, I had a chance to experiment with a program that would
input pictures-- spectrograms, etc and then play music from it. I could
also edit the pictures to make the sounds change. Then last year I
noticed that Sony Spectralayers Pro has a function that allows one to
draw a line to represent a frequency. Problem is that the program
really isn't designed for that and that single line represents only a
single frequency-- it would be nearly impossible to draw in all the
harmonics wanted. So I pose the question he What software allows me
to draw in the desired fundamental frequency, choose the harmonics
wanted, and then manipulate the sound? I recently obtained a scratch
pad for such a purpose so I have better control than with the mouse.

Thanks.

AudioPaint: http://www.nicolasfournel.com/audiopaint.htm
Bitmaps and Waves: http://victorx.eu/BitmapPlayer.htm
Bitmaps and Waves basics tutorial:
http://www.elisanet.fi/victorx/steps/basics.html

--
http://rr.www.cistron.nl/ -!- http://www.rr.dds.nl/
http://www.dread.demon.nl/
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Tobiah Tobiah is offline

On 11/21/2014 04:38 AM, BJ wrote:
A few years ago, I had a chance to experiment with a program that
would input pictures-- spectrograms, etc and then play music from it.
I could also edit the pictures to make the sounds change. Then last
year I noticed that Sony Spectralayers Pro has a function that allows
one to draw a line to represent a frequency. Problem is that the
program really isn't designed for that and that single line
represents only a single frequency-- it would be nearly impossible to
draw in all the harmonics wanted. So I pose the question he What
software allows me to draw in the desired fundamental frequency,
choose the harmonics wanted, and then manipulate the sound? I
recently obtained a scratch pad for such a purpose so I have better
control than with the mouse.

Thanks.

I could see this being entertaining and musically useful, as long as
you could hear the pitches along with previous strokes as they were
made.

music file software help [email protected] Pro Audio 7 October 3rd 06 09:10 PM
Software used in pop music? Hugh Pro Audio 8 July 7th 06 09:20 PM
music software Krash Marketplace 0 December 23rd 05 07:25 AM
music software Krash Pro Audio 0 December 23rd 05 07:25 AM
ALL Music Software you need - $20 Each DVD - Check it out: StudioSounds Marketplace 0 November 16th 05 06:24 PM