mustang76 mustang76 is offline
Junior Member

Thumbs up Tannoy Reveal 6D dead?

I've recently bought a pair of tannoy reveal 6d monitors (used). I've had them for just over a week now and have been listening to them a couple of hours a day. Last night when I switched them on everything worked as usual (power LED and Mute LED's) except that the one monitor had no sound coming from it. Tried different cables, no difference. Any ideas on what the problem might be?

Thanks
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Bob Urz Bob Urz is offline

Default Tannoy Reveal 6D dead?

On 1/21/2011 1:27 AM, mustang76 wrote:
I've recently bought a pair of tannoy reveal 6d monitors (used). I've
had them for just over a week now and have been listening to them a
couple of hours a day. Last night when I switched them on everything
worked as usual (power LED and Mute LED's) except that the one monitor
had no sound coming from it. Tried different cables, no difference. Any
ideas on what the problem might be?

Thanks

These units run hot and have bad solder joints internally, and dirty
switches. As i recall, i had one with a bad switch i bypassed to get it
working.

bob

Tannoy reveal 6D Eeyore Pro Audio 2 May 12th 09 11:59 PM
Tannoy reveal 6D Eeyore Tech 2 May 12th 09 11:59 PM
Tannoy Reveal X? Rob Coberly Pro Audio 8 June 4th 04 05:26 PM
monitor roundup: Tannoy Reveal, Tannoy PBM 6.5 II, Event 20/20 v1 jonas aras Pro Audio 8 December 2nd 03 05:27 PM
Tannoy Reveal Sub Peter Hewitt-Dutton Pro Audio 1 November 22nd 03 06:20 AM