Carey Carlan

Default Ping Ethan Winer - Bass Trap Ideas

To Ethan and other room acoustics people

1) My room is roughly 25 x 13.
2) A drywall and 2x4 box about 1' x 4.5' dissects the
ceiling (covering AC ducts) along the short axis.
3) The room has a hefty node in the low/mid bass.

Can I modify this box into a bass trap while not affecting its ability to
hide the ducts?

All I ask for are a few hints and a pointer to the correct reference
materials.

Many thanks,
Carey
Ethan Winer

Carey,

Can I modify this box into a bass trap

Not likely. And further, that's not in a good place to catch bass. Bass
traps always work best in corners, and the middle of the ceiling is as far
from a corner as you can get.

All I ask for are a few hints and a pointer to the correct reference

materials.

www.recording.org/users/acoustics

--Ethan