OT: Chick

Old February 13th 21, 07:45 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
polymod

Default OT: Chick

Please forgive my off topic post. I just wanted to voice my respect, thoughts, and prayers to one of the best musicians who was a huge influence on me as well as my playing style.
RIP Chick Corea.

Return To Forever was one of the first concerts I bought my girlfriend (and current wife) to back in 1976 when
she was still in High School.
We sat front row at The Shakespeare Theatre, Stratford CT.
I thought Stanley Clarke's bass was going to crush my chest.
Al DiMeola had joined the band and Chick ALWAYS let his players shine and
never hogged the spotlight.
I'll never forget Chick horsing around and playing a Ukulele during a
blazing guitar solo. My wife talks about it to this day.

He was the sole reason I bought my Fender Rhodes in 1976. Still have it and play/maintain it to this very day.
He was my music idol and I couldn't get enough of his music. Then, and now.

I purchased this book back in 1976 when I worked at a piano/organ store that sold
sheet music. I've had two acoustic pianos since then, but my piano bench has
always held this book, which I still play to this day.
May he forever rest in peace.
http://sonicmusic.net/Chick.jpg

Poly

Old February 13th 21, 11:47 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

On 14/02/2021 7:45 am, polymod wrote:
> Please forgive my off topic post. I just wanted to voice my respect,
> thoughts, and prayers to one of the best musicians who was a huge
> influence on me as well as my playing* style.
> RIP Chick Corea.

Seems to be about one per week at the moment ;- |

Old February 14th 21, 10:03 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
gray_wolf

On 13/02/2021 12:45 pm, polymod wrote:
> Please forgive my off topic post. I just wanted to voice my respect, thoughts,
> and prayers to one of the best musicians who was a huge influence on me as well
> as my playingÂ* style.
> RIP Chick Corea.
> Return To Forever was one of the first concerts I bought my girlfriend (and
> current wife) to back in 1976 when
> she was still in High School.
> We sat front row at The Shakespeare Theatre, Stratford CT.
> I thought Stanley Clarke's bass was going to crush my chest.
> Al DiMeola had joined the band and Chick ALWAYS let his players shine and
> never hogged the spotlight.
> I'll never forget Chick horsing around and playing a Ukulele during a
> blazing guitar solo. My wife talks about it to this day.
>
> He was the sole reason I bought my Fender Rhodes in 1976. Still have it and
> play/maintain it to this very day.
> He was my music idol and I couldn't get enough of his music. Then, and now.
> I purchased this book back in 1976 when I worked at a piano/organ store that sold
> sheet music. I've had two acoustic pianos since then, but my piano bench has
> always held this book, which I still play to this day.
> May he forever rest in peace.
> http://sonicmusic.net/Chick.jpg
>
> Poly

Thanks for posting. I've really enjoyed Chick's work. Loved Spain.

Old February 14th 21, 05:44 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
polymod

Default Chick

"gray_wolf" wrote in message news
On 13/02/2021 12:45 pm, polymod wrote:
> Please forgive my off topic post. I just wanted to voice my respect,
> thoughts, and prayers to one of the best musicians who was a huge
> influence on me as well as my playing style.
> RIP Chick Corea.
> Return To Forever was one of the first concerts I bought my girlfriend
> (and current wife) to back in 1976 when
> she was still in High School.
> We sat front row at The Shakespeare Theatre, Stratford CT.
> I thought Stanley Clarke's bass was going to crush my chest.
> Al DiMeola had joined the band and Chick ALWAYS let his players shine and
> never hogged the spotlight.
> I'll never forget Chick horsing around and playing a Ukulele during a
> blazing guitar solo. My wife talks about it to this day.
>
> He was the sole reason I bought my Fender Rhodes in 1976. Still have it
> and play/maintain it to this very day.
> He was my music idol and I couldn't get enough of his music. Then, and
> now.
> I purchased this book back in 1976 when I worked at a piano/organ store
> that sold
> sheet music. I've had two acoustic pianos since then, but my piano bench
> has
> always held this book, which I still play to this day.
> May he forever rest in peace.
> http://sonicmusic.net/Chick.jpg
>
> Poly

Thanks for posting. I've really enjoyed Chick's work. Loved Spain.

When I was in a wedding band many times I was called upon to play the
'cocktail hour'.
Spain was on my list.

Poly