Dante

Old January 29th 21, 01:32 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
mcp6453[_2_]

Default Dante

What cabling does Dante use? Ethernet?
Old January 29th 21, 02:42 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
sTeeVee

On Friday, January 29, 2021 at 7:32:33 AM UTC-5, mcp6453 wrote:
> What cabling does Dante use? Ethernet?

Yes Ethernet.
Further, it works with standard switches, minimum 1g

You might want to take the Dante Certification Courses - they are usually free, especially during events, such as this past NAMM virtual tradeshow. There are important subtleties that you'll want to familiarize yourself with, unless you have a very simple network: e.g. DAW desktop or laptop to a DANTE compatible interface.

Anything beyond that, you're going to become educated to network administration. To me it's absolutely amazing that this technology, when combined with a fiber internet connection can do "round trip" latency across a continent in 14ms or less. We've arrived.

~sTEEVEE