I take it everybody has seen this by now, maybe ...

Old December 29th 20, 02:34 AM posted to rec.audio.pro

Default I take it everybody has seen this by now, maybe ...

Mike Rivers wrote:
=================

> No, I haven't seen it. Why should I look?

** No reason at all -
except if you happen to like head spinning, manic video editing plus fake overdubbed sound presented
in the style of a low budget, 80s music vid .

..... Phil
Old December 29th 20, 03:03 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford[_2_]

Hi Geoff,

Saw the clip. It's interesting to the degree that it shows them in the studio recording and looking a lot younger. That was fun. More interesting to me than all the the remixed, remastered, reinvented material.

OTOH, "Yesterday" the movie was fun. I had it on my Amazon Wish List and got it on DVD for Xmas. Himesh Patel has a strong voice and it's well suited for Beatles material. The story arc between him and his manager was a bit tired, but she's cute. SNL's Kate McKinnon as record company exec was a hoot.. Her overplay was pretty spot on.

From the looks of it, he can actually play! Although in the first shot of him playing, his left hand is obscured and he could have been faking it. Robert Carlyle did a very nice John Lennon. Seeing him made me a bit sad. The deep accents made it a bit difficult to hear what they were saying sometimes.

I see Mr. Rivers received his order of **** and vinegar for Xmas! Yay Mike!!
Here's the trailer just for you!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uqv...eclipsTrailers

Thank God the year is almost over....

Cheers,

Ty Ford
Old December 29th 20, 05:22 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Chris K-Man

On Monday, December 28, 2020 at 5:50:18 PM UTC-5, geoff wrote:
> On 29/12/2020 2:17 am, Mike Rivers wrote:
> > On 12/27/2020 11:15 PM, geoff wrote:
> >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UocEGvQ10OE

> > No, I haven't seen it. Why should I look?
> >
> > If you're going to post a link to click on, at minimum it should relate
> > to the subject of the message, and hopefully it should should also
> > contain a little summary, or at least the topic.
> >

> Well **** you very much too Mike. Season's greetings.
>
> geoff

__________

geoff:

Is it safe to assume you are from the UK?

If so, you should know that a lot of us Yanks - myself not included - do not like the Beatles or their works. Hence the spirited(!) reaction to you post.

Sorry this has happened! Cheers!
Old December 29th 20, 07:40 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers[_2_]

On 12/29/2020 11:22 AM, Chris K-Man wrote:
> geoff:
>
> Is it safe to assume you are from the UK?
>
> If so, you should know that a lot of us Yanks - myself not included - do not like the Beatles or their works. Hence the spirited(!) reaction to you post.

My comment wasn't about The Beatles. I have nothing against the band or
movies made about them.

What bugged me was that that the original post was nothing but a URL
with the header of "... everybody has seen this by now..." with no
explanation of what "this" is. How do I know whether I've seen it or
not? How do I know that it's not an entry to malware?

Of course I didn't click on it. And now that I know from other responses
that it's a movie about The Beatles, I won't bother to click on it.
Thanks to everyone (else) for not being an asshole.

Old December 29th 20, 11:43 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
None

"geoff" wrote in message
> Jeeze - thought people might be somewhat (even just slightly perhaps)
> interested in at least the studio shots, antiquated gear, etc, that enable
> such music to remain significant to this day .
>
> But apparently not ;- |

Obviously, you totally missed the point of the criticism. Maybe you didn't
even read it.

Old December 30th 20, 12:56 AM posted to rec.audio.pro

On 30/12/2020 7:40 am, Mike Rivers wrote:
> On 12/29/2020 11:22 AM, Chris K-Man wrote:
>> geoff:
>>
>> Is it safe¬* to assume¬* you are¬* from¬* the UK?
>>
>> If so, you should know¬* that¬* a lot¬* of¬* us Yanks -¬* myself not
>> included -¬* do not¬* like¬* the Beatles or their¬* works.¬* Hence¬* the
>> spirited(!)¬* reaction¬* to¬* you post.

> My comment wasn't about The Beatles. I have nothing against the band or
> movies made about them.
>
> What bugged me was that that the original post was nothing but a URL
> with the header of "... everybody has seen this by now..."¬* with no
> explanation of what "this" is. How do I know whether I've seen it or
> not? How do I know that it's not an entry to malware?
>
> Of course I didn't click on it. And now that I know from other responses
> that it's a movie about The Beatles, I won't bother to click on it.
> Thanks to everyone (else) for not being an asshole.

No need for you to apologise.

No, not UK. Nor USA. Just from part of the rest of the world without
such musical (or other) xenophobia, or inflexible music-historic interests.

A little 'surprise' Xmas cheer - apparently not. Didn't expect to get
slammed for it. Ignored was sufficient. Guess the grinch-element is
escalated at this time of year - slightly understandable.

It was clearly a Youtube URL, so harmless - apart maybe to one's
potential heightened sensitivities about musical taste. Would Frank
Sinatra, CCW, Gershwin, Seekers, CS&N(not Y or course) Bernstein, Glen
Campbell, Glass, Johnny Cash, Eagles, Willie Nelson, or The Band have
been more acceptable ?

If one doesn't have an antipathy towards everything Beatles, here's a
Wikipedia entry regarding the project. WARNING do not click this link if
disinterested - it will be a major effort, discomfort, and imposition.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beatles:_Get_Back

Old December 30th 20, 01:51 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
None

"geoff" (defiantly missing the point) wrote in message

> No need for you to apologise.

No, nobody expects you to apologize for your idiotic cry-baby accusations of
Beatle-phobia and xenophobia.

> No, not UK. Nor USA. Just from part of the rest of the world without such
> musical (or other) xenophobia, or inflexible music-historic interests.
> If one doesn't have an antipathy towards everything Beatles,

Nobody on this thread has shown antipathy towards "everything Beatles." Nor
towards the Beatles in general, even. Some criticized you for
blind-link-mongering, criticism which you seem incapable of comprehending,
or even noticing. Some expressed antipathy towards a specific film, which
was not made by the Beatles. Your original post did not even mention the
Beatles, a point which you seem to refuse to acknowledge.

There was no Beatle-phobia nor xenophobia until you and your village idiot
buddy Theckkkhhhmah dreamed it up. In your case, probably because you're too
thick to actually read what posters said about your link-dropping. In
Theckmah's case, it's his usual retarded dumb-****ery (and maybe his
"inflexible music-historic interests"). You can keep pretending that it's
about the Beatles or about nationalism, or you could try to pull you head
out of your nether (antipodean?) orifice. It must be hard to listen to the
Beatles with your ear canals occluded by your colon lining.

Old December 30th 20, 03:25 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

None > wrote:

>Nobody on this thread has shown antipathy towards "everything Beatles." Nor
>towards the Beatles in general, even. Some criticized you for
>blind-link-mongering, criticism which you seem incapable of comprehending,
>or even noticing. Some expressed antipathy towards a specific film, which
>was not made by the Beatles. Your original post did not even mention the
>Beatles, a point which you seem to refuse to acknowledge.

My dad hated the Beatles, he said they were destroying music. "All they do
is say 'yeah, yeah, yeah.' That's not music."

I find it kind of ironic that my generation says the same thing about rap.

Old December 30th 20, 05:51 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
polymod

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message ...

None > wrote:

>Nobody on this thread has shown antipathy towards "everything Beatles." Nor
>towards the Beatles in general, even. Some criticized you for
>blind-link-mongering, criticism which you seem incapable of comprehending,
>or even noticing. Some expressed antipathy towards a specific film, which
>was not made by the Beatles. Your original post did not even mention the
>Beatles, a point which you seem to refuse to acknowledge.

My dad hated the Beatles, he said they were destroying music. "All they do
is say 'yeah, yeah, yeah.' That's not music."

I find it kind of ironic that my generation says the same thing about rap.

My Dad said the same thing about the Beatles, along with many other bands he
heard coming from my bedroom.
But the true test is whether or not rap will still be listened to and have
songs being considered "classic" in 30-50 years.

Poly

Old December 30th 20, 10:18 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

On 31/12/2020 1:51 am, None wrote:
> "geoff"¬* (defiantly missing the point) wrote in message
>
>> No need for you to apologise.

> No, nobody expects you to apologize for your idiotic cry-baby
> accusations of Beatle-phobia and xenophobia.
>

>> No, not UK. Nor USA. Just from part of the rest of the world without
>> such musical (or other) xenophobia, or inflexible music-historic
>> interests.
>> If one doesn't have an antipathy towards everything Beatles,

> Nobody on this thread has shown antipathy towards "everything Beatles."
> Nor towards the Beatles in general, even. Some criticized you for
> blind-link-mongering, criticism which you seem incapable of
> comprehending, or even noticing. Some expressed antipathy towards a
> specific film, which was not made by the Beatles. Your original post did
> not even mention the Beatles, a point which you seem to refuse to
> acknowledge.
>
> There was no Beatle-phobia nor xenophobia until you and your village
> idiot buddy Theckkkhhhmah dreamed it up. In your case, probably because
> you're too thick to actually read what posters said about your
> link-dropping. In Theckmah's case, it's his usual retarded dumb-****ery
> (and maybe his "inflexible music-historic interests"). You can keep
> pretending that it's about the Beatles or about nationalism, or you
> could try to pull you head out of your nether (antipodean?) orifice. It
> must be hard to listen to the Beatles with your ear canals occluded by
> your colon lining.

Sorry for my Crime Of The Century. Glad y'all have nothing better to be
outraged about.