Dachman Audio U87 Clone Kit

Old January 5th 21, 01:25 AM posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Dachman Audio U87 Clone Kit

geoff > wrote:

>Disappointed most prefer slamming and/or don't seem to have any major
>experience or opinions of AA's new CKR12 capsule which is a relatively
>major change in manufacturing and materials for condenser mic capsules,
>which according to them makes the concept of individually matched pairs
>redundant.

AKG has had a history for a few years now of making beautifully-engineered
terrible-sounding microphones. So many times I have asked the engineering
folks why particular microphones sound the way they do, to receive the
politic answer that the sound was part of the design requirements.

What you are seeing now is what happens when you take AKG engineering people
and free them from the AKG marketing people. And it's a beautiful thing.

Old January 5th 21, 01:27 AM posted to rec.audio.pro

Paul Dorman > wrote:

> Just listen to live concerts on YouTube, using a good
>set of studio monitors, or headphones.
>
> You'll be able to easily tell if the recording was done
>with tape, or digitally recorded. Tape recordings sound
>dull, and mushy, compared to digital recordings. It's like
>night and day.

I'm sorry. I thought you were actually serious until I read this.

I don't actually think this is funny.
Old January 5th 21, 03:50 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Paul Dorman

On 1/4/2021 5:27 PM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
> Paul Dorman > wrote:
>>
>> Just listen to live concerts on YouTube, using a good
>> set of studio monitors, or headphones.
>>
>> You'll be able to easily tell if the recording was done
>> with tape, or digitally recorded. Tape recordings sound
>> dull, and mushy, compared to digital recordings. It's like
>> night and day.

> I'm sorry. I thought you were actually serious until I read this.
>
> I don't actually think this is funny.

I am serious. Live tape recordings suck compared to
digital, or at least the recordings I have heard!

Good amps to clone Bret L Vacuum Tubes 0 April 25th 10 12:35 AM
WTB Waves Q-Clone License Haolemon Pro Audio 1 September 16th 07 08:26 AM
The clone marching on [email protected] Audio Opinions 5 August 23rd 07 05:23 AM
Clone Ensemble dispute [email protected] Pro Audio 0 August 23rd 05 03:13 AM
N72 1272 clone Studio Froombosch Pro Audio 0 March 31st 04 01:52 PM