Rupert Neve dies at 94

Old February 13th 21, 11:43 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Jason[_16_]

Default Rupert Neve dies at 94

https://www.rupertneve.com/news/rupe...fbclid=IwAR1q_
8qSu-WQNJUe_GfTfBL-xvCsOVgxxxmE-M9JQhJzdE5mA1sphn2h738
Old February 14th 21, 05:46 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Phil W

2021-02-13 / 23:43:29 (UTC +0100) / Jason > :

> https://www.rupertneve.com/news/rupert-neve-1926-2021/

For anybody who might be too scared to click on this uncommented link:
look at the Subject, it says everything necessary to explain.

"Rupert Neve, GRAMMY-Winning Audio Industry Icon, Dies at 94"

another article from the same source:
https://www.rupertneve.com/rupert-neve-obituary/

yet another one:
"Rupert Neve Designs is the culmination of over six decades of Mr.
Neve’s legendary design work"
https://www.rupertneve.com/company/history/
Old February 14th 21, 09:41 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

On 15/02/2021 5:46 am, Phil W wrote:

> 2021-02-13 / 23:43:29 (UTC +0100) / Jason > :
>>
>> https://www.rupertneve.com/news/rupert-neve-1926-2021/

> For anybody who might be too scared to click on this uncommented link:
> look at the Subject, it says everything necessary to explain.
>
> "Rupert Neve, GRAMMY-Winning Audio Industry Icon, Dies at 94"
>
> another article from the same source:
> https://www.rupertneve.com/rupert-neve-obituary/
>
> yet another one:
> "Rupert Neve Designs is the culmination of over six decades of Mr.
> Neve’s legendary design work"
> https://www.rupertneve.com/company/history/

Oh I don't know. I think it could be a trick, like Covid, YouTube, and
elections ....

Old February 15th 21, 01:05 AM posted to rec.audio.pro

Phil W wrote:
===========

> "Rupert Neve, GRAMMY-Winning Audio Industry Icon, Dies at 94"
>
> another article from the same source:
> https://www.rupertneve.com/rupert-neve-obituary/
>
> yet another one:
> "Rupert Neve Designs is the culmination of over six decades of Mr.
> Neve’s legendary design work"
> https://www.rupertneve.com/company/history/

** I have a portable Neve desk here at the moment, for repairs and re-purposing.

Originally owned by the Australian Broadcasting Commission (ABC) and used for outside radio broadcasts.

Made with lightweight aluminium, it's able to run from an internal Ni-Cd battery bank consisting of 28 AA cells.

https://reverb.com/au/item/2449213-n...w-extras-25681

It's gonna need a lot of work, all the bead tantalum caps are bad and all so are all the XLRs.

Good points include the use of P&G faders throughout.

...... Phil

Old February 15th 21, 05:46 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Jason[_15_]

In article >, says...
> For anybody who might be too scared to click on this uncommented link:

Sorry about that. What might one do to quell the fear?
Old February 15th 21, 08:39 AM posted to rec.audio.pro

Jason wrote:

> Sorry about that. What might one do to quell the fear?

** Stop link bombing.

It's smartarse and it sucks.

...... Phil