I take it everybody has seen this by now, maybe ...

Old December 30th 20, 10:49 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
None

Default I take it everybody has seen this by now, maybe ...

"geoff" wrote in message
> Sorry for my Crime Of The Century. Glad y'all have nothing better to be
> outraged about.

it was you, sunshine, who started the outrage, and tried to pretend the
criticism was something that it wasn't. So sad that you chose to be outraged
that you were chastised, instead of understanding the reason. Yawn.

Old January 5th 21, 03:22 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford[_2_]

> But the true test is whether or not rap will still be listened to and have
> songs being considered "classic" in 30-50 years.
>

> Poly

Here's my favorite rap song from a young, white rapper from 1965.
Can you dig it?

Johnny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doing it again
You better duck down the alley way
Lookin' for a new friend
A man in the coonskin cap, in the pig pen
Wants eleven dollar bills, you only got ten
Maggie comes fleet foot
Face full of black soot
Talkin' that the heat put
Plants in the bed but
The phone's tapped anyway
Maggie says that many say
They must bust in early May
Orders from the D.A. Look out kid
Don't matter what you did
Walk on your tip toes
Don't tie no bows
Better stay away from those
That carry around a fire hose
Keep a clean nose
Watch the plain clothes
You don't need a weather man
To know which way the wind blows
Oh, get sick, get well
Hang around a ink well
Hang bail, hard to tell
If anything is goin' to sell
Try hard, get barred
Get back, write braille
Get jailed, jump bail
Join the army, if you fail
Look out kid
You're gonna get hit
But losers, cheaters
Six-time users
Hang around the theaters
Girl by the whirlpool
Lookin' for a new fool
Don't follow leaders, watch the parkin' meters
Oh, get born, keep warm
Short pants, romance
Learn to dance, get dressed, get blessed
Try to be a success
Please her, please him, buy gifts
Don't steal, don't lift
Twenty years of schoolin'
And they put you on the day shift
Look out kid
They keep it all hid
Better jump down a manhole
Light yourself a candle
Don't wear sandals
Try to avoid the scandals
Don't want to be a bum
You better chew gum
The pump don't work
'Cause the vandals took the handles
Old January 5th 21, 05:36 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
polymod

"Ty Ford" wrote in message

> But the true test is whether or not rap will still be listened to and have
> songs being considered "classic" in 30-50 years.
>

> Poly

Here's my favorite rap song from a young, white rapper from 1965.
Can you dig it?

Johnny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement

Good one Ty!
But man, that ain't rap. It's blues. Says so in the song title ;-)

Poly

Old January 5th 21, 06:17 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Don Pearce[_3_]

On Tue, 5 Jan 2021 06:22:59 -0800 (PST), Ty Ford
> wrote:

>> But the true test is whether or not rap will still be listened to and have
>> songs being considered "classic" in 30-50 years.
>>

>> Poly

>Here's my favorite rap song from a young, white rapper from 1965.
>Can you dig it?
>
>Johnny's in the basement
>Mixing up the medicine
>I'm on the pavement
>Thinking about the government
>The man in the trench coat
>Badge out, laid off
>Says he's got a bad cough
>Wants to get it paid off
>Look out kid
>It's somethin' you did
>God knows when
>But you're doing it again
>You better duck down the alley way
>Lookin' for a new friend
>A man in the coonskin cap, in the pig pen
>Wants eleven dollar bills, you only got ten
>Maggie comes fleet foot
>Face full of black soot
>Talkin' that the heat put
>Plants in the bed but
>The phone's tapped anyway
>Maggie says that many say
>They must bust in early May
>Orders from the D.A. Look out kid
>Don't matter what you did
>Walk on your tip toes
>Don't tie no bows
>Better stay away from those
>That carry around a fire hose
>Keep a clean nose
>Watch the plain clothes
>You don't need a weather man
>To know which way the wind blows
>Oh, get sick, get well
>Hang around a ink well
>Hang bail, hard to tell
>If anything is goin' to sell
>Try hard, get barred
>Get back, write braille
>Get jailed, jump bail
>Join the army, if you fail
>Look out kid
>You're gonna get hit
>But losers, cheaters
>Six-time users
>Hang around the theaters
>Girl by the whirlpool
>Lookin' for a new fool
>Don't follow leaders, watch the parkin' meters
>Oh, get born, keep warm
>Short pants, romance
>Learn to dance, get dressed, get blessed
>Try to be a success
>Please her, please him, buy gifts
>Don't steal, don't lift
>Twenty years of schoolin'
>And they put you on the day shift
>Look out kid
>They keep it all hid
>Better jump down a manhole
>Light yourself a candle
>Don't wear sandals
>Try to avoid the scandals
>Don't want to be a bum
>You better chew gum
>The pump don't work
>'Cause the vandals took the handles

How did you manage with the timed dropping of the flash card lyrics?