Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

Default Holy ****: The Palin/Couric interview

On 30 Sep, 23:40, MiNe 109 wrote:

not noted, but please do.
I wait your explanation of relevancy
between the Nixon book and not
voteing for Obama due to his race.

The Nixon strategy of appealing to racists who formerly voted Democrat.

Your link was obtuse. It was to a book about Nixon, not
a link delinating your specific point.

It's still in practice.

appealing to Democrats who are too moderate
to vote for a democrat who is too liberal for them,
such as McGovern. Last time I looked,'McGovern
wasn't brown skinned.

as far as color, right now everyone is worried about green,
and I don't mean grass and trees, not brown.

The Depression was good for race relations?

irrelevant, yet again.

You brought it up.

Not the great Depression.

we are talking about the vote 2008.
people are worried more about the economy than
Obama's skin color.

Except for racists.

And they are one's who voted for
Gore and Kerry, but won't
vote for Obama?

The point is, if they are 'Conservative' racists,
they wouldn't be voting for Obama if he were white.

whether or not the depression was good for race relations is not
relevant to
what is motivating voters in 2008.

No, but it's relevant to whether it's true or not that tough times make
people forget their pernicious beliefs.

They kept voting for
Roosevelt, who had easy victories.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On 1 Oct, 00:01, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:
On Sep 30, 9:40*pm, Clyde Slick wrote:

On 30 Sep, 17:26, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
Don't worry, Clyde. McCain already has the old Confederacy locked up,
or so it appears.

Virginia will go for the O man.
So will florida.

So less than 20% of the former Confederate states will buck the trend
if you're right.

And North Carolina

Obama could do better in the south than gore and Kerry
Gore couldn't even carry his home state down there.

I've been in all of them. They all have major problems with racism.

I have been in most of them, they don't.
the north has more problems, in my opinon.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article
,
Clyde Slick wrote:

On 30 Sep, 23:40, MiNe 109 wrote:

not noted, but please do.
I wait your explanation of relevancy
between the Nixon book and not
voteing for Obama due to his race.

The Nixon strategy of appealing to racists who formerly voted Democrat.

Your link was obtuse. It was to a book about Nixon, not
a link delinating your specific point.

It was a link to a specific Nixon book whose arguments are well-known.

It's still in practice.

appealing to Democrats who are too moderate
to vote for a democrat who is too liberal for them,
such as McGovern. Last time I looked,'McGovern
wasn't brown skinned.

So that's what the "Southern strategy" was. I thought it had something
to do with dark skin and dirty hippies.

as far as color, right now everyone is worried about green,
and I don't mean grass and trees, not brown.

The Depression was good for race relations?

irrelevant, yet again.

You brought it up.

Not the great Depression.

Wasn't everyone worried about green during the Depression?

we are talking about the vote 2008.
people are worried more about the economy than
Obama's skin color.

Except for racists.

And they are one's who voted for
Gore and Kerry, but won't
vote for Obama?

The point is, if they are 'Conservative' racists,
they wouldn't be voting for Obama if he were white.

There are varying degrees of racism. Republicans are good at tapping the
unease of people who don't think of themselves as racists.

whether or not the depression was good for race relations is not
relevant to
what is motivating voters in 2008.

No, but it's relevant to whether it's true or not that tough times make
people forget their pernicious beliefs.

They kept voting for
Roosevelt, who had easy victories.

Forget Bush 3, "Sound Fundamentals" McCain is running for Hoover's
second term.

Electing Roosevelt = racial harmony?

Stephen

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article
,
Clyde Slick wrote:

the Great Depression was 'your' analogy.

Didn't you say this, "as far as color, right now everyone is worried
about green"?

Were people not worried about "green" during the Depression? If so, did
race relations improve due to economic distractions? What's different
now?

Stephen

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Oct 1, 8:51*am, MiNe 109 wrote:

*Clyde Slick wrote:

Except for racists.

And they are one's who voted for
Gore and Kerry, but won't
vote for Obama?

The point is, if they are 'Conservative' racists,
they wouldn't be voting for Obama if he were white.

There are varying degrees of racism. Republicans are good at tapping the
unease of people who don't think of themselves as racists.

I think part of the whole Palin choice was giving people a non-black
yet "progressive" vote. "I didn't vote for the black guy, but I did
vote for a woman, so I'm OK."
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:
On Sep 30, 9:40*pm, Clyde Slick wrote:

On 30 Sep, 17:26, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
Don't worry, Clyde. McCain already has the old Confederacy locked up,
or so it appears.

Virginia will go for the O man.
So will florida.

So less than 20% of the former Confederate states will buck the trend
if you're right.

And North Carolina

Obama could do better in the south than gore and Kerry
Gore couldn't even carry his home state down there.

I've been in all of them. They all have major problems with racism.

I have been in most of them, they don't.

LOL! I suppose that was why Rove broought up McCain's adopted child in
South Carolina.

the north has more problems, in my opinon.

Why do you say that? What examples do you have?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article
,

wrote:
On Sep 30, 9:40*pm, Clyde Slick wrote:

On 30 Sep, 17:26, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
Don't worry, Clyde. McCain already has the old Confederacy locked up,
or so it appears.

Virginia will go for the O man.
So will florida.

So less than 20% of the former Confederate states will buck the trend
if you're right.

And North Carolina

Obama could do better in the south than gore and Kerry
Gore couldn't even carry his home state down there.

I've been in all of them. They all have major problems with racism.

I have been in most of them, they don't.

LOL! I suppose that was why Rove broought up McCain's adopted child in
South Carolina.

the north has more problems, in my opinon.

Why do you say that? What examples do you have?

Gosh, if both the north and south have problems with it , could racism
still be an issue for the nation as a whole?

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On 1 Oct, 16:03, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:
On Oct 1, 8:51*am, MiNe 109 * wrote:

*Clyde Slick wrote:
Except for racists.

And they are one's who voted for
Gore and Kerry, but won't
vote for Obama?

The point is, if they are 'Conservative' racists,
they wouldn't be voting for Obama if he were white.

There are varying degrees of racism. Republicans are good at tapping the
unease of people who don't think of themselves as racists.

I think part of the whole Palin choice was giving people a non-black
yet "progressive" vote. "I didn't vote for the black guy, but I did
vote for a woman, so I'm OK."

18 million dems opted for that in the primaries!
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Clyde Slick said:

I think part of the whole Palin choice was giving people a non-black
yet "progressive" vote. "I didn't vote for the black guy, but I did
vote for a woman, so I'm OK."

18 million dems opted for that in the primaries!

OK, this has got to be from duh-Scottie. Only a moron would ignore the
motivation for guilt abatement in voting for (yet another) white
christian guy.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

MiNe 109 said:

Gosh, if both the north and south have problems with it , could racism
still be an issue for the nation as a whole?

You first. How many wetbacks work your plantation?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article ,
George M. Middius wrote:

MiNe 109 said:

Gosh, if both the north and south have problems with it , could racism
still be an issue for the nation as a whole?

You first. How many wetbacks work your plantation?

The usual number for someone in my situation.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Vinylanach Vinylanach is offline

wrote:
On Sep 30, 9:40�pm, Clyde Slick wrote:

On 30 Sep, 17:26, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
Don't worry, Clyde. McCain already has the old Confederacy locked up,
or so it appears.

Virginia will go for the O man.
So will florida.

So less than 20% of the former Confederate states will buck the trend
if you're right.

And North Carolina

Obama could do better in the south than gore and Kerry
Gore couldn't even carry his home state down there.

I've been in all of them. They all have major problems with racism.

I have been in most of them, they don't.
the north has more problems, in my opinon.

Agreed. The biggest racists I've ever met were from places like
Detroit, Chicago and Cincinatti. My grandmother HATED black people
and she was born and raised in Purt Huron, Michigan.

I lived in the "Confederacy" for over 8 years, and it was only
marginally less progressive than it was growing up in Southern
California.

Boon
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Vinylanach Vinylanach is offline

On Oct 1, 1:56�pm, MiNe 109 wrote:
In article
,

wrote:
[...]

Ummm...yes.

Boon
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Vinylanach Vinylanach is offline

On Oct 1, 2:51�pm, MiNe 109 wrote:
In article ,
�George M. Middius wrote:

MiNe 109 said:

Gosh, if both the north and south have problems with it , could racism
still be an issue for the nation as a whole?

You first. How many wetbacks work your plantation?

The usual number for someone in my situation.

Millions?

Boon

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

MiNe 109 said:

Gosh, if both the north and south have problems with it , could racism
still be an issue for the nation as a whole?

You first. How many wetbacks work your plantation?

The usual number for someone in my situation.

Well, I'll grant you're a highly educated weasel. Sacky's slaves are all
Romanian peasants who work for gruel.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Vinylanach said:

Gosh, if both the north and south have problems with it , could racism
still be an issue for the nation as a whole?

Ummm...yes.

It doesn't have to be problem if everybody just votes his own race. At
least that's what the "conservatives" tell us.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On 1 Oct, 17:27, George M. Middius wrote:
Clyde Slick said:

I think part of the whole Palin choice was giving people a non-blackHmm
yet "progressive" vote. "I didn't vote for the black guy, but I did
vote for a woman, so I'm OK."

18 million dems opted for that in the primaries!

OK, this has got to be from duh-Scottie. Only a moron would ignore the
motivation for guilt abatement in voting for (yet another) white
christian guy.

I am trying to remember if the Dems actually ran one of them.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On 1 Oct, 18:15, George M. Middius wrote:
MiNe 109 said:

Gosh, if both the north and south have problems with it , could racism
still be an issue for the nation as a whole?

You first. How many wetbacks work your plantation?

The usual number for someone in my situation.

Well, I'll grant you're a highly educated weasel. Sacky's slaves are all
Romanian peasants who work for gruel.

and its grueling work, too.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article
,
Vinylanach wrote:

On Oct 1, 2:51?pm, MiNe 109 wrote:
In article ,
?George M. Middius wrote:

MiNe 109 said:

Gosh, if both the north and south have problems with it , could racism
still be an issue for the nation as a whole?

You first. How many wetbacks work your plantation?

The usual number for someone in my situation.

Millions?

Sorry, misheard the question.

We do have a concentration camp in the area. Does that count?

Stephen

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Clyde Slick said:

I think part of the whole Palin choice was giving people a non-blackHmm
yet "progressive" vote. "I didn't vote for the black guy, but I did
vote for a woman, so I'm OK."

18 million dems opted for that in the primaries!

OK, this has got to be from duh-Scottie. Only a moron would ignore the
motivation for guilt abatement in voting for (yet another) white
christian guy.

I am trying to remember if the Dems actually ran one of them.

The "Dems" forthrightly embrace civil rights, women's rights, mintority
rights, Gay rights, and all other human rights. That's why the "Dems"
don't have to put up window dressing -- they have no racism or bigotry
to disguise.

Are you finished being disingenuous now?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On 1 Oct, 20:12, George M. Middius wrote:
Clyde Slick said:

I think part of the whole Palin choice was giving people a non-blackHmm
yet "progressive" vote. "I didn't vote for the black guy, but I did
vote for a woman, so I'm OK."

18 million dems opted for that in the primaries!

OK, this has got to be from duh-Scottie. Only a moron would ignore the
motivation for guilt abatement in voting for (yet another) white
christian guy.

I am trying to remember if the Dems actually ran one of them.

The "Dems" forthrightly embrace civil rights, women's rights, mintority
rights, Gay rights, and all other human rights. That's why the "Dems"
don't have to put up window dressing -- they have no racism or bigotry
to disguise.

Then the charges by the Hillary camp
that the Obama caqmp employed sexism are false.
And the charges by the Obama camp that the
Hillary camp engaged in race baiting are also false.
And we should expect that Obama will do as well as
Gore or Kerry, if not even better.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Vinylanach Vinylanach is offline

On Oct 1, 4:41�pm, MiNe 109 wrote:
In article
,

�Vinylanach wrote:
On Oct 1, 2:51?pm, MiNe 109 � wrote:
In article ,
?George M. Middius wrote:

MiNe 109 said:

Gosh, if both the north and south have problems with it , could racism
still be an issue for the nation as a whole?

You first. How many wetbacks work your plantation?

The usual number for someone in my situation.

Millions?

Sorry, misheard the question.

We do have a concentration camp in the area. Does that count?

The joke has more meaning if you've seen the film "A Day Without
Mexicans."

Boon
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article
,
Vinylanach wrote:

On Oct 1, 4:41?pm, MiNe 109 wrote:
In article
,

?Vinylanach wrote:
On Oct 1, 2:51?pm, MiNe 109 ? wrote:
In article ,
?George M. Middius wrote:

MiNe 109 said:

Gosh, if both the north and south have problems with it , could
racism
still be an issue for the nation as a whole?

You first. How many wetbacks work your plantation?

The usual number for someone in my situation.

Millions?

Sorry, misheard the question.

We do have a concentration camp in the area. Does that count?

The joke has more meaning if you've seen the film "A Day Without
Mexicans."

Ah. Missed that one.

http://www.adaywithoutamexican.com/

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Oct 1, 4:27*pm, George M. Middius wrote:
Clyde Slick said:

I think part of the whole Palin choice was giving people a non-black
yet "progressive" vote. "I didn't vote for the black guy, but I did
vote for a woman, so I'm OK."

18 million dems opted for that in the primaries!

OK, this has got to be from duh-Scottie. Only a moron would ignore the
motivation for guilt abatement in voting for (yet another) white
christian guy.

I'm beginning to see why 2pid and Clyde are friends: they can only
scan (and understand) the surface.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

Clyde Slick said:

I think part of the whole Palin choice was giving people a non-black
yet "progressive" vote. "I didn't vote for the black guy, but I did
vote for a woman, so I'm OK."

18 million dems opted for that in the primaries!

OK, this has got to be from duh-Scottie. Only a moron would ignore the
motivation for guilt abatement in voting for (yet another) white
christian guy.

I'm beginning to see why 2pid and Clyde are friends: they can only
scan (and understand) the surface.

I would hesitate before delving beneath
the surface of Hillary Clinton.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Clyde Slick said:

I think part of the whole Palin choice was giving people a non-black
yet "progressive" vote. "I didn't vote for the black guy, but I did
vote for a woman, so I'm OK."

18 million dems opted for that in the primaries!

OK, this has got to be from duh-Scottie. Only a moron would ignore the
motivation for guilt abatement in voting for (yet another) white
christian guy.

I'm beginning to see why 2pid and Clyde are friends: they can only
scan (and understand) the surface.

I would hesitate before delving beneath
the surface of Hillary Clinton.

You must not be a "maverick" then. Palin and McCain will be
disappointed.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

Clyde Slick said:

I think part of the whole Palin choice was giving people a non-black
yet "progressive" vote. "I didn't vote for the black guy, but I did
vote for a woman, so I'm OK."

18 million dems opted for that in the primaries!

OK, this has got to be from duh-Scottie. Only a moron would ignore the
motivation for guilt abatement in voting for (yet another) white
christian guy.

I'm beginning to see why 2pid and Clyde are friends: they can only
scan (and understand) the surface.

I would hesitate before delving beneath
the surface of Hillary Clinton.

You must not be a "maverick" then. Palin and McCain will be
disappointed.-

everybody can't be a maverick!
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Clyde Slick said:

depends how much racism you mean, sure, there is some, but
it is predoninantly erased.

Exactly how long have you been hiding in Romania?

We have laws against discrimination, racial and otherwise. I'm sure a
"conservative" would say we don't need all those $(*&% laws. A clear-minded
citizen knows exactly why we have them and why we still need them.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Oct 3, 3:24*pm, Clyde Slick wrote:
On 3 Oct, 10:06, Vinylanach wrote:

Is that what you think I said? *One isn't proof of the other, it's
that the two situations co-exist.

depends how much racism you mean, sure, there is some, but
it is predoninantly erased.

Yesterday at lunch the topic of the presidential race came up. I said
that I think it's great that regardless of who wins a huge barrier
will be broken. One of the people said they were voting for McCain. I
asked why.

"I'm not ready for the other option yet. There's too much black unrest
in the country."

What makes this statement unusual? The fact that it was vocalized. I
believe that a lot of people feel this way but would never say it.

If you think that racism is "predominately erased" in the US it is you
who are deluded, Clyde. Unfortunately it's very much alive and well.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_3_] Jenn[_3_] is offline

In article
,
"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!" wrote:

On Oct 3, 3:24*pm, Clyde Slick wrote:
On 3 Oct, 10:06, Vinylanach wrote:

Is that what you think I said? *One isn't proof of the other, it's
that the two situations co-exist.

depends how much racism you mean, sure, there is some, but
it is predoninantly erased.

Yesterday at lunch the topic of the presidential race came up. I said
that I think it's great that regardless of who wins a huge barrier
will be broken. One of the people said they were voting for McCain. I
asked why.

"I'm not ready for the other option yet. There's too much black unrest
in the country."

I don't get it. There's too much black unrest, so he/she can't vote for
a black man?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On 3 Oct, 11:37, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:

2. Since 1980, there have been more race riots (many of them between
latinos and blacks) in northern states. Therefore, racism is a bigger
problem in the north than it is in the south.

It's calleda piece of 'evidence'
You collect a bunch of, pile it up,
look at it, and see where the preponderance of evidence points to.
Stop putting words in my mouth, words I never said.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On 3 Oct, 16:35, George M. Middius wrote:
Clyde Slick said:

depends how much racism you mean, sure, there is some, but
it is predoninantly erased.

Exactly how long have you been hiding in Romania?

We have laws against discrimination, racial and otherwise. I'm sure a
"conservative" would say we don't need all those $(*&% laws. A clear-minded
citizen knows exactly why we have them and why we still need them.

I never said we didn't need them, I never
called for their repeal.
Most people aren't bank robbers, that doesn't
mean we don't need laws against tit.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On 3 Oct, 16:50, Vinylanach wrote:

Well, so I though until a couple of people came out of the woodwork
and expressed their disgust with me for voting for a black man for
President.

Boon-

exactly who are these despicable people you hang with?
I wouldn't imagine them to be your friends.
I wouldn't imagine them to be work associates,
considering your career.
LOL!! did you move into a trailer park?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_3_] Jenn[_3_] is offline

In article
,
Clyde Slick wrote:

that doesn't
mean we don't need laws against tit.

lol

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Clyde Slick said:

Well, so I though until a couple of people came out of the woodwork
and expressed their disgust with me for voting for a black man for
President.

exactly who are these despicable people you hang with?
I wouldn't imagine them to be your friends.
I wouldn't imagine them to be work associates,
considering your career.

I've known people who said they only became racially prejudiced after
being victimized. They know it's irrational. You're not especially gifted
at asserting the dominion of your rational faculties over your base
impulses, so you really shouldn't use terms like "despicable".

LOL!! did you move into a trailer park?

You should ask your friend Witlessmongrel if he "moved into" a Stupid
Colony.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_3_] Jenn[_3_] is offline

In article ,
George M. Middius wrote:

Jenn said:

That they even have a chance of winning is scary.

What's scary to a lot of voters is Obama's skin.

Yes, my father included.

A bigot in the family? That trumps my redneck neighbors.

Yeah, very sad. Pretty much all of my relatives of that generation.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Sophistic Sophistic is offline

Jenn tittered:

Clyde Slick malaproped:

that doesn't
mean we don't need laws against tit.

lol

Dolly Parton would not be amused.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Oct 3, 3:50�pm, Clyde Slick wrote:
On 3 Oct, 16:50, Vinylanach wrote:

Well, so I though until a couple of people came out of the woodwork
and expressed their disgust with me for voting for a black man for
President.

Boon-

exactly who are these despicable people you hang with?
I wouldn't imagine them to be your friends.
I wouldn't imagine them to be work associates,
considering your career.
LOL!! did you move into a trailer park?

"Hey Marc,

XXXX said that you were voting for Obama for president? I didn't
believe her. I told her you weren't black and there was no way that
you would vote for Obama.

I could understand if you were to say you weren't voting for anyone,
I'm right there with you. Neither one of them is a good choice, but
Obama?

Okay dude tell what it is about Obama that has got you all excited.
Because I don't see it."

That was from a 52-year-old college-educated man who lives in a nice
suburban neighborhood in Southern California and has a white-collar
job that pays six figures. He also considers himself a devout
Christian.

I have more examples if you want 'em.

Boon
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Oct 3, 5:50*pm, Clyde Slick wrote:
On 3 Oct, 16:50, Vinylanach wrote:

Well, so I though until a couple of people came out of the woodwork
and expressed their disgust with me for voting for a black man for
President.

Boon-

exactly who are these despicable people you hang with?

You hang out with 2pid. Pot, kettle...

I wouldn't imagine them to be your friends.
I wouldn't imagine them to be work associates,
considering your career.
LOL!! did you move into a trailer park?

I've heard three racist comments pertaining to Obama in the past week.
All three were from people that 2pid, for example, would love: wealthy
conservative republicans. In one case you could fit a trailer park in
the guy's house.