Posted to rec.audio.car
britinqc

Default MP3 player connection to HU

I am on the verge of upgrading a standard HU (hyundai) and have a
couple of
questions which I hope someone might please help me with.

I believe that If I buy a unit with standard rca aux inputs , once I
plug my
line/headset output into the connections (I'll need a din to rca Y
cable)
and select "aux" on the hu, the hu will just play whatever stream it's
being
fed from the
mp3 player, correct?

Or, If I buy a unit with an usb connection the hu will act like a pc
and
actually interrogate whatever I have plugged into the drive slot, it
may
display the file id tag info on the face of the player, but might not
like
the fact I have a mixture of file formats on my 40 gb Zen Touch . I
also
suspect some of the hu's seem to have a firmware limit of what size
drive they will read.

Any help much appreciated
TIA Richard

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET

"britinqc" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am on the verge of upgrading a standard HU (hyundai) and have a
couple of
questions which I hope someone might please help me with.

I believe that If I buy a unit with standard rca aux inputs , once I
plug my
line/headset output into the connections (I'll need a din to rca Y
cable)
and select "aux" on the hu, the hu will just play whatever stream it's
being
fed from the
mp3 player, correct?

Yep. That's exactly how you do it. That's how I run my DVD player into my
HU.

Or, If I buy a unit with an usb connection the hu will act like a pc
and
actually interrogate whatever I have plugged into the drive slot, it
may
display the file id tag info on the face of the player, but might not
like
the fact I have a mixture of file formats on my 40 gb Zen Touch . I
also
suspect some of the hu's seem to have a firmware limit of what size
drive they will read.

I have seen several HU's with USB connections or SD card slots in front. I
think it's a FANTASTIC idea and I suspect we will see more of that in the
future. However, currently I don't believe any of the big HU makers
(Alpine, Sony, Clarion, Kenwood) offer this kind of feature (I could be
wrong). However, what these manufacturers do offer is iPod interfaces that
allow you to opperate your iPod controls from your HU.

Any help much appreciated
TIA Richard

Posted to rec.audio.car
britinqc

cool, thanks for help... I'm going shopping!