Default Opinions on a sound system

Hey all,

Im planning on making a new system up for my car that is being completely
redone interior and exterior at the moment and have this system in mind.

Kenwood KVT915DVD Head unit
Cadence ZX-5KIT Component Speakers
Cadence 2x 15" UltraDrive Orange Subs
Cadence Z9000CF Amplifier for subs
Cadence Q3000 Amplifier for splits

Opinions? Car isnt too big but looking for really boomy bassy but ok sound
quality at the same time. Have plenty of space for the cadence subs and will
be custom making a box for them.

Nascar24Rulz

what kind of car? if u want a quality system, stay away from the kenwwod head
units. You would be better off going with JVC, Alpine, or Pioneer. Stay away
from Sony also...they skip after a few months
MZ

what kind of car? if u want a quality system, stay away from the kenwwod
head
units.

Why's that?

Peter Klein

If you're looking for good sound for all the money spent, it looks like you
will have enormous bass drowning out all the voices, guitars, etc. Is your
plan to play the bass to the car behind you? If so, build a sealed box with
two huge subwoofers and point the box at the rear of your car's trunk. With
two 15" subs for the interior volume of a car that "isn't too big" you're in
overkill. A single 12" sub in a bandpass enclosure would make the windows
flex! The trunk isn't huge in your car and it will be occupied by all the
stuff you plan to use. Think about having the bass play into the INTERIOR of
your car instead of out the back. If you know a good box builder, ask him if
he can build a bandpass box with a partially external, square, port exiting
from the top of the box just passing through the rear shelf. One Orange sub
will blow you away! P.

u...