Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
bassett[_2_] bassett[_2_] is offline

Default Why "accuracy"?

"Mr.T" MrT@home wrote in message

"Iain Churches" wrote in message
i.fi...
It would be interesting to turn up in an LRV at one
of Arny's recording dates, and, with the consent of the
client, make a parallel recording, to show them how
their orchestra/choir could/should sound.
They would probably start litigation against Arny for
gross misrepresentation:-)

I'm sure you are welcome to quote for their business.
Then you can let us know the real outcome, not just your fantasies.

MrT.

I doubt he would know how to quote for anything "T" . he's far
too busy, improving his ego. And his other problem would be, he
would have to deal with real people, and have all his own gear.
At the moment he's only an employee. and does as he's told.

bassett

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

"bassett" wrote in message
I doubt he would know how to quote for anything "T" . he's far
too busy, improving his ego.

Prety fair assesment.

And his other problem would be, he
would have to deal with real people, and have all his own gear.

And all valve gear would be expensive and none too portable either :-)

At the moment he's only an employee. and does as he's told.

Assuming *anything* he say's is even close the truth.

MrT.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
bassett[_2_] bassett[_2_] is offline

"Mr.T" MrT@home wrote in message
u...

"bassett" wrote in message
I doubt he would know how to quote for anything "T" . he's far
too busy, improving his ego.

Prety fair assesment.

And his other problem would be, he
would have to deal with real people, and have all his own gear.

And all valve gear would be expensive and none too portable either :-)

At the moment he's only an employee. and does as he's told.

Assuming *anything* he say's is even close the truth.

MrT.

I can picture it now, there we have a concert, or performance running
and "his nib's" is there attempting to do a live recording.
waving his little arms, and giving orders, to know one in particular,
when all of a sudden, he leaps up on his stainless steel milk crate,
[ nothing as common as a red plastic one, for this boy] yelling out,
stop, stop, I forgot to give the French Horns a microphone, can we
start again please. Or in his case, he would demand they started
again, or he would take his ball and go home.
bassett

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Iain Churches[_2_] Iain Churches[_2_] is offline

"MiNe 109" wrote in message
"Iain Churches" wrote:

"MiNe 109" wrote in message
In article i,
"Iain Churches" wrote:

Hi Jenn. Do you know the work of any of the early (C18th)
Dutch composers? They are quite wonderful.Carel Fodor,
Jean Meder, Christian Graaf, Johan Lentz, Pieter Hellendaal
are all worth a listen.

Sander has a proud trandition.

Jeez. I don't recognize a single name. Google...Okay, Fodor is listed
as
Carel Anton Fodor, distinguishing him from a coal merchant/art
collector.

They are all famous European composers. You may have composers
in the US (though not from the 1700s:-) that are unknown to us here.

Probably not famous ones, although I wonder if Carlisle Floyd or Douglas
Moore are heard in Europe.

No. But you have got me interested now. Any particular works to look
out for?

These guys are all included in Olympia's "400 Years of Dutch Music"
series.

William de Fesch is my favourite Dutch composer.
I used to get a regular list of new releases from Olympia.
They seem to be out of business now.

I found a short bio and a review of his oratorio Joseph he

http://www.weku.fm/carter_page_03.htm

I'd listen to that.

A composer of some stature.
Iain

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Iain Churches[_2_] Iain Churches[_2_] is offline

"MiNe 109" wrote in message
"Iain Churches" wrote:

"MiNe 109" wrote in message
"Iain Churches" wrote:

"MiNe 109" wrote in message
In article i,
"Iain Churches" wrote:

Hi Jenn. Do you know the work of any of the early (C18th)
Dutch composers? They are quite wonderful.Carel Fodor,
Jean Meder, Christian Graaf, Johan Lentz, Pieter Hellendaal
are all worth a listen.

Sander has a proud trandition.

Jeez. I don't recognize a single name. Google...Okay, Fodor is
listed
as
Carel Anton Fodor, distinguishing him from a coal merchant/art
collector.

They are all famous European composers. You may have composers
in the US (though not from the 1700s:-) that are unknown to us here.

Probably not famous ones, although I wonder if Carlisle Floyd or
Douglas
Moore are heard in Europe.

No. But you have got me interested now. Any particular works to look
out for?

They both wrote American-themed operas, the most famous of which are
Moore's "Ballad of Baby Doe," set in a silver mining town and Floyd's
"Susannah," a Southern retelling of the story set by Handel. Google
shows a recent production of the latter in Wexford. There's also a
recent recording from Nagano and the Lyon opera. The Moore has a
recording with Beverly Sills that was reissued. Haven't heard the
recordings, but I've seen productions of both.

Hmm. I wonder if those outside the USA would appreciate
such works. But it would be interesting to hear them. I am
sure local record shops cannot supply them, but the library
service almost certainly can. I will ask. Thanks for the info.

Iain

PS. Do you happen know what, if anything, has happened '
to Olympia?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article i,
"Iain Churches" wrote:

"MiNe 109" wrote in message
"Iain Churches" wrote:

"MiNe 109" wrote in message
"Iain Churches" wrote:

"MiNe 109" wrote in message
In article i,
"Iain Churches" wrote:

[...]

Baby Doe hasn't played outside of U.S. borders very much, sad to say.
Besides the American story, there is also the very large cast (30-some,
not counting the chorus) so it's expensive to do and to travel with. I
believe that Susannah has fared better overseas than has Baby Doe.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Iain Churches[_2_] Iain Churches[_2_] is offline

"MiNe 109" wrote in message
In article i,
"Iain Churches" wrote:

"MiNe 109" wrote in message
"Iain Churches" wrote:

"MiNe 109" wrote in message
"Iain Churches" wrote:

"MiNe 109" wrote in message
In article i,
"Iain Churches" wrote:

[...]

No problem.

PS. Do you happen know what, if anything, has happened '
to Olympia?

It took longer than I'd thought to find them:

http://www.olympia-cd.com/index.htm

I think they've changed US distributors several times.

Thanks for the link, I have bookmarked it.

No Finland distributor listed.

I used to deal with Francis direct. The society to which
I belong used to order about 50CDs at a time, so he was
quite happy.

I didn't notice many dates (most of the review page
reviews are old) but a Myaskovsky (or Miaskovsky) edition is underway.

This loooks very much like the material they had available
for or five years ago, with no new additions that I could see.

Regards
Iain

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Jenn" wrote in message
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"ScottW" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Sep 14, 3:32 pm, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
"Iain Churches" wrote in message

ti.fi...

George. I feel that Scott was not considering the matter of
tutoring, but the work that Arny does for schools on a
charitable basis.

Not so - it is work for pay.

As somebody pointed out, a poor
recording might be better than no recording at all. And if
the school concerned had the money to pay for a decent
recording they probably wouldn't twice at Mr.K.

The schools pay the going rate.

I take it all back, a complaint to the school board may be in order.

To be credible, the complaint would have to come from the festival
judges,
director, or the school music directors. They are the only people,
besides
some students, who have ever heard the recordings.

Typically, the judges have nothing to do with the running of the
festivals.

Maybe in your world, but not mine.

They are simply hired by the people running the festival to
adjudicate.

Maybe in your world, but not mine.

At the festivals I've worked, the judges and the festival director have
been
colleagues for a goodly time and work together.

Usually true.

Typically, the festival director has been a judge at more than a few
earlier
festivals.

Usually true.

Sometimes input is asked for.

Been there when it happened, which is about just about every festival.

I don't know how it is in MI, but in CA, NV, OR, WA, AZ, and TX (the
places where I've judged festivals), the festival is usually run by a
local school district, school, or collection of schools, and they hire a
judging association (such as the Southern California School Band and
Orchestra Association or California Band Directors Association in CA, or
Oregon Band Directors Association in OR, etc.) who assigns a panel of
judges.

Sounds pretty close to what I've seen.

The two organizations I work with are the MSBOA and the MSVMA.

Almost always, the sponsoring school(s) know the judges; we're
all colleagues and work together. Sometimes, they are "independent"
festivals and the sponsors hire the judges directly, sometimes from out
of state and often college colleagues, to reduce the chances of bias.
In both cases, the judges aren't involved in the organization of the
festivals; we just come and judge.

From what I have seen the MSBOA and MSVMA, the organizers and judges are one
big happy family. One week I'll see someone judging and the next maybe I'll
work a festival that person has organized.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi

"ScottW" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Sep 14, 3:32 pm, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
"Iain Churches" wrote in message

ti.fi...

George. I feel that Scott was not considering the matter of
tutoring, but the work that Arny does for schools on a
charitable basis.

Not so - it is work for pay.

As somebody pointed out, a poor
recording might be better than no recording at all. And if
the school concerned had the money to pay for a decent
recording they probably wouldn't twice at Mr.K.

The schools pay the going rate.

I take it all back, a complaint to the school board may be in order.

ScottW

It would be interesting to turn up in an LRV at one
of Arny's recording dates, and, with the consent of the
client, make a parallel recording, to show them how
their orchestra/choir could/should sound.

Be my guest. Given all of the gaffes you keep on making Iain, it would be a
lot of fun - for me.

They would probably start litigation against Arny for
gross misrepresentation:-)

Letting blowhards like you Iain puncture themselves does tend to improve my
days. ;-)

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi

"bassett" wrote in message
I doubt he would know how to quote for anything "T" . he's far
too busy, improving his ego.

Prety fair assesment.

And his other problem would be, he
would have to deal with real people, and have all his own gear.

And all valve gear would be expensive and none too portable either :-)

The lack of portability has three dimensions - the size, the weight, and the
relative lack of reliability.

I worked on some of the most sophisticated and supposedly portable vacuum
tubed equipment ever made for about 3 years.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message
.
com
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"ScottW" wrote in message
[...]

From what I have seen the MSBOA and MSVMA, the organizers and judges are one
big happy family. One week I'll see someone judging and the next maybe I'll
work a festival that person has organized.

Very typical; I think that we are in agreement here. All I was saying
is that the judges don't "run" the festivals; even though everyone knows
everyone else and are generally cooperative (everyone involved wants the
thing to succeed for the kids), the judges are basically paid employees
there to adjudicate only. The next week, one or more of the judges may
be running their own festival, and not adjudicating.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Fun Tyme Fun Tyme is offline

"bassett" wrote in message
[...]

....bassett is believed to be a misspelling of the word "basket" which is
again *******ised by his dropping of the second half of the more
appropriate name "basket case".

This pig-ignorant fool is ridiculed wherever he pokes his nose, be it
discussion groups or obscure forums. It is indeed true that this idiot
uses words far beyond his station, this noted and pointed out by many in
various places on the internet. Many years of ridicule by the many has
failed to change the ways of the bassett. The adage "one can't teach an
old dog new tricks" certainly holds in this case. "Brain dead" could
easily replace "old".

The bassett certainly has an inferiority complex, but also suggested is
tertiary syphilis as a cause for his bizarre demeanour.

The bassett has no technical background whatsoever, what little he knows
is by text association only, his gathered knowledge being of similar
quality to his comprehension and use of language. He has all the
intellectual force of a liquid fart, and an intact hymen across his
logical faculties.

followed by bully tactics and veiled threats of physical attacks,
showing the small-mindedness and lack of reason within this mentally
challenged individual. Bassett's responses usually contain layers of
oblique incoherence interspersed with random commas, but always a
generous supply of misspelled and poorly chosen words.

It is entirely possible the bassett just wants to be somebody.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi

"bassett" wrote in message
[...]

How sad, And I see you've used this little set of rubbish before,
So off you go, and dream up some more little drama's about me,
Then you can return and tell everyone what you think..
now run along your mummies got your Play lunch on the table.
then after your little sleep, you can play in the sand pit, until
Mummies, goes of to work at the local brothel
bassett