mikey

Default speaker question

does anyone here have any experience or opinions on the "acoustic energy =
aelite2" or the "energy c2".

i'm rebuilding my old system in the office, and looking for smaller =
sized speakers that can handle an onkyo m-504 amp.=20

any comments appreciated...
--=20
....mike
reply to fannboyatpacbelldotnet
Wylie Williams

mikey wrote:
does anyone here have any experience or opinions on the "acoustic energy aelite2" or the "energy c2".

i'm rebuilding my old system in the office, and looking for smaller sized speakers that can handle an onkyo m-504 amp.

any comments appreciated...

I sold them some time back. My recollection is that they were above
average speakers for the time. But as for the phrase "handle an Onkyo
M-504 amp" let me say that in my 24 years in the stereo business I
usually heard that phrase from people who meant "I want to turn the
volume control all the way up and expect the speaker to handle all my
amp can throw at it". I hope that isn't what you mean because almost
any amp can destroy any speaker; if not from brute power then by the
destructive powers of clipping.
Played at a reasonable level your speakers will "handle" the power of
any amp.

Wylie Williams
The Speaker and Stereo Store