Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] johnny576@comcast.net is offline

Default wriing three subwoofers to a two channel amp

what does everyone think is the best way to wire three subs to a 2 chan
amp

Posted to rec.audio.car
KU40 KU40 is offline

you'll have to bridge the amp, it's the only way to get uniform power to
each sub. However, you have to make sure the amp is stable at whatever
load the subs give it. Provide us with the amp and subs (with voice
coil configuration) and we'll help you decide.

But with today's average 2 channel amp being 4 ohm stable bridged,
it'll be tough to get full power out of the amp unless the subs are
dual 6 ohm or single 12 ohm subs.

--
KU40
Posted to rec.audio.car
GregS GregS is offline

In article , KU40 wrote:

you'll have to bridge the amp, it's the only way to get uniform power to
each sub. However, you have to make sure the amp is stable at whatever
load the subs give it. Provide us with the amp and subs (with voice
coil configuration) and we'll help you decide.

But with today's average 2 channel amp being 4 ohm stable bridged,
it'll be tough to get full power out of the amp unless the subs are
dual 6 ohm or single 12 ohm subs.

Why can't we assume there are two 4 ohm subs and 1 8 ohm?
I think a bridged 8 ohm and wireing the two 4 ohmers on left and right
channels. Some or most amps work in the 3rd mode.
Since we don't have the specs, we can make things up.
Its also not necessary to supply uniform power if each has its
own box. We could use two boxes in the above hookup.

greg