Arny Krueger

Default What Corey Greenburg Learned From His Days At Stereophile? ;-)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2005Apr19.html

Firms Paid TV's Tech Gurus To Promote Their Products

By Howard Kurtz
Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, April 20, 2005; Page C01

Corey Greenberg, tech editor for NBC's "Today" show, appeared last
July to praise Apple's iPod as "a great portable musical player . . .
the coolest-looking one" and suggested a compatible device to "share
your music with other people." "This is the way to go," he declared.

"Let's cut the Apple commercial here right now, okay?" co-host Matt
Lauer interjected.

Lauer was onto something. Greenberg, an NBC contributor, confirmed
yesterday that he has received payments from Apple as well as Sony,
Hewlett-Packard, Seiko Epson, Creative Technology and Energizer
Holdings, charging $15,000 apiece to talk up their products on news
shows. The contracts were first disclosed by the Wall Street Journal.

Robert Morein

I seem to recall that Cory was dropped by Stereophile for similar
misconduct.
Does anyone remember the details?

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
[...]

Arny Krueger

Robert Morein wrote:

I seem to recall that Cory was dropped by Stereophile for similar
misconduct.

He wasn't dropped that hard bt SP - they still have articles on their
site that mention him favorably.

Does anyone remember the details?

I thought that someone with deeper pockets hired him.

John Atkinson

Arny Krueger wrote:
Robert Morein wrote:
I seem to recall that Cory was dropped by Stereophile for similar
misconduct.

He wasn't dropped that hard bt SP - they still have articles on
their site that mention him favorably.

Corey Greenberg (not "burg") left Stereophile in 1994. He wanted/needed
more money/responsibility; I wasn't in the position to give him either.
His final review was of the Snell Type C/V loudspeaker in November
1994.

I thought that someone with deeper pockets hired him.

He left Stereophile to join Home Theater magazine, then Sound & Vision,
then Audio where he was the final editor in chief before that
magazine's demise.

Regarding the question in your thread title, Mr. Krueger, the answer
is "no." I have fired writers for behaving in this manner. You are
welcome, of course, to raise this question at next Friday's debate in
New York, if you think it relevant.

John Atkinson
Editor, Stereophile

Arny Krueger

John Atkinson wrote:

Arny Krueger wrote:

Robert Morein wrote:

I seem to recall that Cory was dropped by Stereophile for similar
misconduct.

He wasn't dropped that hard by SP - they still have articles on
their site that mention him favorably.

Corey Greenberg (not "burg") left Stereophile in 1994. He
wanted/needed more money/responsibility; I wasn't in the position to
give him either. His final review was of the Snell Type C/V
loudspeaker in November 1994.

I thought that someone with deeper pockets hired him.

Seems like John is agreeing with this.

He left Stereophile to join Home Theater magazine, then Sound &
Vision, then Audio where he was the final editor in chief before

that
magazine's demise.

There's probably some irony in that. The ragazine didn't die for lack
of subjectivism on the part of the editor.

Regarding the question in your thread title, Mr. Krueger, the answer
is "no." I have fired writers for behaving in this manner. You are
welcome, of course, to raise this question at next Friday's debate

in
New York, if you think it relevant.

Just pulling your chain, John. ;-)

My discussion will be as technical as possible, given the audience.

George M. Middius

John Atkinson said:

Regarding the question in your thread title, Mr. Krueger, the answer
is "no." I have fired writers for behaving in this manner. You are
welcome, of course, to raise this question at next Friday's debate in
New York, if you think it relevant.

Attempt to scare Arnii ****less noted. Rubbing Krooger's snout in his
impotency noted. Illumination of Krooger's inability to discern relevance
noted.

;-)

dave weil

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 07:20:55 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

Just pulling your chain, John. ;-)

Yes, implied public slander is sooooo much fun, right Arnold?
Lionel

wrote:

Just pulling your chain, John. ;-)

Yes, implied public slander is sooooo much fun, right Arnold?

Slander concerns persons not magazine.
Have you noted the interrogation point at the end of the sentence ?

I hope you are a better waiter than prosecutor... ;-)

Slander :
noun: words falsely spoken that damage the reputation of another
noun: an abusive attack on a person's character or good name
verb: charge falsely or with malicious intent; attack the good name and
reputation of someone
Arny Krueger

wrote:

Just pulling your chain, John. ;-)

Yes, implied public slander is sooooo much fun, right Arnold?

Slander concerns persons not magazine.

Yup Weil stumbles over the difference between slander and libel.

Have you noted the interrogation point at the end of the sentence ?

No doubt, but if he admitted it he would have nothing to whine about.

I hope you are a better waiter than prosecutor... ;-)

Don't bet on it. Remember, he's still a wage slave.

dave weil

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 09:52:29 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

wrote:

Just pulling your chain, John. ;-)

Yes, implied public slander is sooooo much fun, right Arnold?

Slander concerns persons not magazine.

Yup Weil stumbles over the difference between slander and libel.

This is correct. Lionel busted me for the wrong thing. I guess he's
having an off-day, even though he was johnny-on-the-spot like a good
doggy.

Have you noted the interrogation point at the end of the sentence ?

No doubt, but if he admitted it he would have nothing to whine about.

Oh, I saw it. But it was about as meaningful as the smarmy-winky at
the end.

Both of you missed the word "implied" anyway. Admitting the presence
of that word would be admitting that you were whining about nothing.

I hope you are a better waiter than prosecutor... ;-)

Don't bet on it. Remember, he's still a wage slave.

Well, at least I'm not your toady and conduit like Lionel. Now THAT'S
a job that nobody should have to suffer.

Arny Krueger wrote:

wrote:

Just pulling your chain, John. ;-)

Yes, implied public slander is sooooo much fun, right Arnold?

Slander concerns persons not magazine.

Yup Weil stumbles over the difference between slander and libel.

Have you noted the interrogation point at the end of the sentence ?

No doubt, but if he admitted it he would have nothing to whine

about.

I hope you are a better waiter than prosecutor... ;-)

Don't bet on it. Remember, he's still a wage slave.

As opposed to a spouse spounge?

Scott Wheeler

Lionel

Arny Krueger a écrit :

Don't bet on it. Remember, he's still a wage slave.

He is too burlesque, I've a lot of fun with him.
Since you don't answer anymore to his sterile provocations,
Dave is suffering kind of verbal incontinency crisis...
Lionel

wrote:

wrote:

Just pulling your chain, John. ;-)

Yes, implied public slander is sooooo much fun, right Arnold?

Slander concerns persons not magazine.

Yup Weil stumbles over the difference between slander and libel.

This is correct. Lionel busted me.

Nearly everyday now... Seems that you like it, eh pervert ?

I guess he's
having an off-day.

You guess wrong, lackey.

Have you finished the homework I gave you ?
Clyde Slick

wrote:

Just pulling your chain, John. ;-)

Yes, implied public slander is sooooo much fun, right Arnold?

Slander concerns persons not magazine.

Yup Weil stumbles over the difference between slander and libel.

Have you noted the interrogation point at the end of the sentence ?

No doubt, but if he admitted it he would have nothing to whine about.

I hope you are a better waiter than prosecutor... ;-)

Don't bet on it. Remember, he's still a wage slave.

Better than being a welfare slug like you.
Tell us why you haven't worked in years.
When did you leave Chrysler?
What were the circumstances?
Ah!, so in your 'better' years, you were
a wage slave!

Clyde Slick

wrote:

Well, at least I'm not your toady and conduit like Lionel. Now THAT'S
a job that nobody should have to suffer.

What is worse, that, or inspecting sewers?

George M. Middius

Clyde Slick said:

Well, at least I'm not your toady and conduit like Lionel. Now THAT'S
a job that nobody should have to suffer.

What is worse, that, or inspecting sewers?

Sluttie may work in a sewer, but Arnii goes there for dinner.

George M. Middius

Clyde Slick said:

Better than being a welfare slug like you.
Tell us why you haven't worked in years.
When did you leave Chrysler?
What were the circumstances?
Ah!, so in your 'better' years, you were
a wage slave!

I'd like to know how Arnii learned he had been sacked. Did they serve him
at home, or just deactivate his key card? Did they send security to his
desk or a court-appointed shrink to his home?

Margaret von B.

"John Atkinson" wrote in message
oups.com...

Arny Krueger wrote:
Robert Morein wrote:
I seem to recall that Cory was dropped by Stereophile for similar
misconduct.

He wasn't dropped that hard bt SP - they still have articles on
their site that mention him favorably.

Corey Greenberg (not "burg") left Stereophile in 1994. He wanted/needed
more money/responsibility; I wasn't in the position to give him either.
His final review was of the Snell Type C/V loudspeaker in November
1994.

I thought that someone with deeper pockets hired him.

He left Stereophile to join Home Theater magazine, then Sound & Vision,
then Audio where he was the final editor in chief before that
magazine's demise.

Regarding the question in your thread title, Mr. Krueger, the answer
is "no." I have fired writers for behaving in this manner.

Really John? Who?

Cheers,

Margaret

Howard Ferstler

Arny Krueger wrote:

Lauer was onto something. Greenberg, an NBC contributor, confirmed
yesterday that he has received payments from Apple as well as Sony,
Hewlett-Packard, Seiko Epson, Creative Technology and Energizer
Holdings, charging $15,000 apiece to talk up their products on news
shows. The contracts were first disclosed by the Wall Street Journal.

I find this to be very amusing information.

Howard Ferstler
Howard Ferstler

Arny Krueger wrote:

Just pulling your chain, John. ;-)

My discussion will be as technical as possible, given the audience.

Arny, regarding that upcoming debate, I am depending on you
to hand this phony his head. Pull his chain a few times for
me, too, while you are at it.

Howard Ferstler

Howard Ferstler

John Atkinson wrote:

Regarding the question in your thread title, Mr. Krueger, the answer
is "no." I have fired writers for behaving in this manner.

John prefers that his magazine's contributors simply be
deluded, rather than be crafty opportunists like Mr.
Greenberg.

Ironically, given that Mr. Atkinson must certainly be aware
of the fact that many of his reviewers spout claptrap during
reviews and thereby mislead readers, and given that his
impressionable and often deluded readers very often like to
read claptrap and be misled and would cancel their
subscriptions if the magazine took a more rational approach
to evaluating wires, amps, and CD players, just how is he
more ethical than Mr. Greenberg?

Perhaps he keeps those phonies on the payroll, because
without them the magazine would lose subscribers.

Of course, I could be wrong about all of this. Maybe he is
as deluded as those contributors.

Hey, John, just kidding. Have a nice day.

Howard Ferstler
George M. Middius

Brother Horace tries to stick his hand in the alligator's maw.

Arny, regarding that upcoming debate, I am depending on you
to hand this phony his head. Pull his chain a few times for
me, too, while you are at it.

I hope Arnii listens to you, Clerkie. You're one of the only friends he
has left.

Arnii, if your antenna are extended, try to ignore the carrier beam.
Instead, focus on the coded message. Time is getting perilously short for
you. Needless to say, Harold might be cheering for you, but when the
shooting starts, he'll be nowhere to be found.

ScottW

Why don't you attend?

ScottW

Tom

"John Atkinson" wrote

...........You are
welcome, of course, to raise this question at next Friday's debate in
New York,

Will this debate be broadcast live or recorded for later distribution?

Clyde Slick

"George M. Middius" wrote in message

Clyde Slick said:

Well, at least I'm not your toady and conduit like Lionel. Now THAT'S
a job that nobody should have to suffer.

What is worse, that, or inspecting sewers?

Sluttie may work in a sewer, but Arnii goes there for dinner.

As his own website says, he is chief cook and bottle washer.

Robert Morein

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
John Atkinson wrote:

[snip]

Regarding the question in your thread title, Mr. Krueger, the answer
is "no." I have fired writers for behaving in this manner. You are
welcome, of course, to raise this question at next Friday's debate

in
New York, if you think it relevant.

Just pulling your chain, John. ;-)

Oh, great.
We get to see them take it out on stage.

Robert Morein

"Howard Ferstler" wrote in message
Arny Krueger wrote:

Lauer was onto something. Greenberg, an NBC contributor, confirmed
yesterday that he has received payments from Apple as well as Sony,
Hewlett-Packard, Seiko Epson, Creative Technology and Energizer
Holdings, charging $15,000 apiece to talk up their products on news
shows. The contracts were first disclosed by the Wall Street Journal.

I find this to be very amusing information.

Howard Ferstler

Jealous at how much he's getting?

Arny Krueger

Howard Ferstler wrote:
Arny Krueger wrote:

Just pulling your chain, John. ;-)

My discussion will be as technical as possible, given the audience.

Arny, regarding that upcoming debate, I am depending on you
to hand this phony his head. Pull his chain a few times for
me, too, while you are at it.

No doubt Mr. Atkinson will attempt to play cool, attempting to wind me
up as he is able to. I'm counting on him to be his usual sweet self,
which is to say pompus to the point of being overbearning.

Arny Krueger

Arny Krueger wrote:
Robert Morein wrote:
I seem to recall that Cory was dropped by Stereophile for similar
misconduct.

He wasn't dropped that hard bt SP - they still have articles on
their site that mention him favorably.

Corey Greenberg (not "burg") left Stereophile in 1994. He
wanted/needed more money/responsibility; I wasn't in the position

give him either. His final review was of the Snell Type C/V
loudspeaker in November 1994.

I thought that someone with deeper pockets hired him.

He left Stereophile to join Home Theater magazine, then Sound &
Vision, then Audio where he was the final editor in chief before

that
magazine's demise.

Regarding the question in your thread title, Mr. Krueger, the

answer
is "no." I have fired writers for behaving in this manner.

Really John? Who?

Great question - don't hold your breath for the answer!

Arny Krueger

Arny Krueger wrote:

Lauer was onto something. Greenberg, an NBC contributor, confirmed
yesterday that he has received payments from Apple as well as

Sony,
Hewlett-Packard, Seiko Epson, Creative Technology and Energizer
Holdings, charging $15,000 apiece to talk up their products on

news
shows. The contracts were first disclosed by the Wall Street
Journal.

I find this to be very amusing information.

Howard Ferstler

Jealous at how much he's getting?

IMO, howard is probabably just pleased to see a fraud get his
comeuppance.

George M. Middius

A sliver of self-awareness from the Krooborg?

IMO, howard is probabably just pleased to see a fraud get his
comeuppance.

Now you've got it, Arnii. Except in your case, "fraud" isn't quite the
right word. Perhaps "deranged egomaniac who rants uncontrollably on
Usenet" would be closer.

Have you decided which excuse you're going to use for not showing up?

John Atkinson

Tom wrote:
"John Atkinson" wrote
You are welcome, of course, to raise this question at next
Friday's debate in New York,

Will this debate be broadcast live or recorded for later
distribution?

Our original plan was to webcast it live, but the logistics are
problematic. The debate will be recorded and the unedited recording
streamed from www.stereophile.com.

John Atkinson
Editor, Stereophile

Jesus Christ, would somebody please remind me never to post anything on
this group, unless of course I happen to be in an extremely masochistic
mood?

Lionel

wrote:

Well, at least I'm not your toady and conduit like Lionel. Now THAT'S
a job that nobody should have to suffer.

What is worse, that, or inspecting sewers?

Nothing is worse than to be you, little old pederast !

:-D

Clyde Slick

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

IMO, howard is probabably just pleased to see a fraud get his
comeuppance.

If irony could plagiarize itself.

Tom

wrote
Jesus Christ, would somebody please remind me never to post anything on
this group, unless of course I happen to be in an extremely masochistic
mood?

What's the problem, Bob?

dave weil

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 22:01:43 -0400, Howard Ferstler
wrote:

Arny Krueger wrote:

Just pulling your chain, John. ;-)

My discussion will be as technical as possible, given the audience.

Arny, regarding that upcoming debate, I am depending on you
to hand this phony his head. Pull his chain a few times for
me, too, while you are at it.

Boy, envy is a nasty thing indeed...

Tom

"Arny Krueger" wrote

No doubt Mr. Atkinson will attempt to play cool, attempting to wind me
up as he is able to. I''ll try to be my usual sweet self, but you know
how I can be pompus to the point of being overbearning.

Are you going to be an asshole when you meet face to face?
I know John is a nice guy. I heard you were a regular guy in
person as well - although this is difficult to imagine. You know
if you want to have any credibility next Friday, regular and nice
will go a lot further than pompous and overbearing as you
mention above.

Tom

"John Atkinson" wrote...

Tom wrote:
"John Atkinson" wrote
You are welcome, of course, to raise this question at next
Friday's debate in New York,

Will this debate be broadcast live or recorded for later
distribution?

Our original plan was to webcast it live, but the logistics are
problematic. The debate will be recorded and the unedited recording
streamed from www.stereophile.com.

Can you record every minute of your togetherness? We'd like to
see the "meet and greet", the friendly chats, the dinners, the nightcaps,
etc. Could you please hire a full time documentary photographer?