M. R. Brown

Default Infinity overture 1 amp problem

The amp for the subwoofer stays in standby and clicks on only now and then.
Anyone know what might cause this and if I could fix it myself? Thanks.

M. Russell Brown

Sofie

M.R.Brown:
You might want to try hooking up your subwoofer amp to a different receiver
or integrated amp to make certain that the problem is the subwoofer and not
the signal being fed into it.
Since you are not offering any preliminary and basic technical
troubleshooting results I am assuming that you have no electronics repair
experience and/or knowledge and the proper tools and test equipment.
While you do not have to be a rocket scientist to work on this stuff you do
need to have the necessary knowledge, experience, tools, test equipment and
replacement parts.
My best advice to you would be to TAKE it to a service shop for at the very
least a repair cost estimate so you can make an intelligent repair decision
with facts instead of internet or telephone guesses. A tech will actually
have to see and touch the unit in order to give you any kind of reasonable
accurate diagnosis and estimated repair cost.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"M. R. Brown" wrote in message
The amp for the subwoofer stays in standby and clicks on only now and

then.
Anyone know what might cause this and if I could fix it myself? Thanks.

M. Russell Brown

M. R. Brown

Thanks Daniel for the reply. I have three infinity overture 1 speakers
which is a bookshelf speaker with a built-in 8" subwoofer with a 150 watt
amp. I just bought the third one in an "as is" auction with only the
knowledge that the amp light did turn green when plugged in. Unfortunately,
the seller was either unaware or chose not to disclose that the amp won't
stay on and quickly goes into standby. No biggy, I knew I was taking a
chance.

Anyway, my other two speakers work perfectly so I know it's not in the
signal it is getting since they work fine hooked to LF, RF or center
channels. The unpowered midranges and tweeter work fine on the speaker in
question. I bid on the third speaker to use as a center channel if it
worked or to take apart and see if I could fix it if it didn't work. I do
have limited experience and some training in repairing electronics, but few
of the tools professionals could access to do any troubleshoot other than
the switch it around with my working speakers to ensure it is the speaker
and not my receiver.

You do give wise advice. If it was my only center channel speaker, and I
didn't enjoy taking things apart so much, I certainly would be taking it to
a professional. Thanks again for replying.

M. Russell Brown