Posted to sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.design,rec.audio.tech,comp.sys.hp.misc,comp.sys.hp.hardware
[email protected] Larry.Martell@gmail.com is offline

Default SCPI channel list question

I am attempting to program an Aglient 34970A data acquisition switch.
This instrument uses SCPI, and many of the commands require a scan or
channel list which specifies one or more channels to apply the command
to. The problem I am having is that any command that requires a channel
list resets or reprograms the existing list. For example, if I send a
command to set channel 101 to have a type K T/C: "CONF:TEMP
TC,K,(@101)" this works, but if I then send a command to set channel
102: "CONF:TEMP TC,K,(@102)", channel 102 get set, but channel 101 gets
reset to be off. I know I can send a range or list of the channels to
be set, and that works if all the channels are the same, e.g.
"CONF:TEMP TC,K,(@101:110)", but what do I do if I want the channels to
have different configurations? For example, if I want 101 to have a K
T/C, 102 to be measuring voltgage and 103 to have a RTD, how would I
set that? It seems that would all have to be sent in a single channel
list, but the syntax doesn't support that.

Thanks!
-larry

Posted to sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.design,rec.audio.tech,comp.sys.hp.misc,comp.sys.hp.hardware
Henk van Winkoop Henk van Winkoop is offline

he, he...

that same problem applies to me!

this is what I wrote in my sourcefile as comment:

' As far as I understand:
' It is not possible to scan different type of channels in one scan.
' Because for example using CONF or SENS to setup a measurement both require
' a scanlist, but scanlist channels must be of the same type, else the
' CONF or SENS parameters are not accepted by different types of channels.
' In contrary to this: different channels can be added to the scanlist
' manually from the instrument frontpanel. When executing a scan by
' READ? all channels will be scanned/read.
' Remember:
' using CONF then only the last CONF scanlist is the actual scanlist.

' Solution:
' Use CONF to initiate required channels and then use:
' ROUT:SCAN (@scanlist) to create the total scanlist.

regards,

Henk

schreef in bericht
ups.com...
[...]

Posted to sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.design,rec.audio.tech,comp.sys.hp.misc,comp.sys.hp.hardware

Henk van Winkoop wrote:
[...]

Thanks Henk! The ROUT:SCAN command was what I was looking for! That
works perfectly for me.

-larry

schreef in bericht
ups.com...