dt king

Default midi interface for dos box needed

I recently set up a dos box with an SB16 for the midi interface. Works
good.

dtk

wrote in message
HI folks,

About a year ago my old dos box that ran midi for mix automation and
some backing tracks for solo act took a power surge and died.
I've got tons of files using cakewalk 4.0e for dos. NO intentions of
running windows etc.
I've got another working dos box but I want to put a midi interface in
it and don't trust the one that was in the machine that took the power
spike and died.

Hence I'm searching for anywhere I can still find something such as
the ROland mpu401 or compatible. Anybody know where one can be found
these days?

Tried posting this a few months ago in the midi related newsgroups, no
contact you via email or other means.

I know somewhere there has to be some dealer with a few of these left
still in their original packaging etc.

Any help appreciated.

REgards,

Richard Webb
Electric Spider Productions
REplace anything before the @ symbol with elspider for real email

--

Braille: support true literacy for the blind!

Dave Martin

How about a Musiquest 32M card. It requires an ISA slot, so you better have
an older computer...

--
Dave Martin
Java Jive Studio

Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 19:49:20 GMT

On 2003-12-12 said:
I recently set up a dos box with an SB16 for the midi interface.
Works good.

was an option but I would have had to get one of those and the
connections for the joystick port.

GOt a line on an mqx32 which does chase lock sync as well, ans since I
do some recording to analog or am planning to in the near future
again that will come in handy. Looks like I'm going that route.