Posted to rec.audio.tech
duty-honor-country duty-honor-country is offline

Default Fisher STV-875 speakers-need specs

does anyone know the efficiency rating of these vintage speakers ??

they a

100 Watt power rating rms per cabinet

15" woofer
4" midrange
3" tweeter

36" H x 17" W x 13" D cabinets

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mark D. Zacharias Mark D. Zacharias is offline

duty-honor-country wrote:
does anyone know the efficiency rating of these vintage speakers ??

they a

100 Watt power rating rms per cabinet

15" woofer
4" midrange
3" tweeter

36" H x 17" W x 13" D cabinets

AARRGGHH! I can't help it! I know it's not my place to put down any one
else's stuff. Especially if they like it and think it's cool!
I even clicked off rec.audio.misc without responding to this one.

Yes, they're probably pretty efficient, but they were big (almost) empty
boxes. Terrible speakers!

Sorry! Arrgghh! Can't help it. Arrgghh!

Turret's Syndrome!

Arrgghh!

Mark Z.

Posted to rec.audio.tech

Mark D. Zacharias wrote:
duty-honor-country wrote:
does anyone know the efficiency rating of these vintage speakers ??

they a

100 Watt power rating rms per cabinet

15" woofer
4" midrange
3" tweeter

36" H x 17" W x 13" D cabinets

AARRGGHH! I can't help it! I know it's not my place to put down any one
else's stuff. Especially if they like it and think it's cool!
I even clicked off rec.audio.misc without responding to this one.

Yes, they're probably pretty efficient, but they were big (almost) empty
boxes. Terrible speakers!

Sorry! Arrgghh! Can't help it. Arrgghh!

Turret's Syndrome!

Arrgghh!

Mark Z.

(chuckle...) well yes, most large speakers ARE big empty boxes- a
speaker by design needs a certain cubic inch displacement of cabinet
size, per inch of woofer size- if it was an old fashioned 3-way with a
woofer.

today's new stuff uses a power subwoofer, so they can get away with
smaller cabinet sizes.

a friend gave these to me for free, so it was the good price

Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] Rt309ragpicker@yahoo.com is offline

duty-honor-country wrote:
Mark D. Zacharias wrote:
duty-honor-country wrote:
[...]

Great story except it's well known you don't have any friends, Charlie
Nudo of Drums PA.