Tim Schwartz

Default Equivalent for BC240B transistor?

Hello,

Are you sure its a BC240B, not a BD240B? If it is, then the US
equivalent is a TIP30B, and I would go for the "C" version which is the
100V rated part. You could also go up a step to the TIP32C. There are
lots of other decent subs as well.

Regards,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics

tarzan wrote:

Equivalent for BC240B transistor in usa?
Any rough match and it's compliment would do to repair a dc supply
section.
Seems to be PNP, TO-220 package, -80v, -2A, 30W.
I seem to be getting some European and Japanese 25 yr old units with
lots of "obsolete" parts. I'm sure it's me but the internet seems to
be far less useful than it was for this kind of thing. Is there a
cd-rom or hard copy reference to older replacement parts for people
doing this kind of work? I look for modern rough pinout, package and
specification equivalents not "vintage" parts.
Thanks for your time.

Al

Equivalent for BC240B transistor in usa?

BC240C is a hard one to find data on!

One source suggests:

BC240 = 2N4058

But that doesn't ie up with the TO-220 package. And then the 4058 is equiv
to a BC214L :-(

Are you sure it's a BC240B?

Al.