George

Default newbie question, tape player to transfer voice recordings from tape to CD

I apologize, I am not sure if this group is the right one to ask such
a simple question.

I have a set of educational tapes (tennis).
I would like to transfer it to CD, so I can easy use it in car and
skip to the particular topic I want to listen instead of scanning 8
tapes.

I have a good powerfull PC computer at home----Sony Vaio
I also have a boombox---- Sony Power drive woofer / cfd-g70
I also have good audio editing software (Sound Forge from SONY.

I know it is important to have a good tape player in the first place
the one that creates minimum of the extra noise, so I do not have to
remove it later.
Will my boombox (it has "line" in connection) be OK to use for the
tape to CD transfer?

Thanks a lot.

subject:
newbie question, tape player to transfer voice recordings from tape to
CD
newsgroup:
rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.misc,rec.music.misc,alt.mu sic.mp3.winmx
dadiOH

George wrote:
I apologize, I am not sure if this group is the right one to ask
such a simple question.

I have a set of educational tapes (tennis).
I would like to transfer it to CD, so I can easy use it in car and
skip to the particular topic I want to listen instead of scanning 8
tapes.

I have a good powerfull PC computer at home----Sony Vaio
I also have a boombox---- Sony Power drive woofer / cfd-g70
I also have good audio editing software (Sound Forge from SONY.

I know it is important to have a good tape player in the first place
the one that creates minimum of the extra noise, so I do not have to
remove it later.
Will my boombox (it has "line" in connection) be OK to use for the
tape to CD transfer?

Try it and see. But you want source line out to computer line in. Stereo
cable.

--
dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.0...