AntiSpammer

Default trapezium sub enclosure calculator?

anyone knows if there is a good tutorial + software calculator on designing
a trapezium box?
math is killing me...
I have tried searching everywhere.....

Scott Gardner

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 22:28:07 +0800, "AntiSpammer"
wrote:

anyone knows if there is a good tutorial + software calculator on designing
a trapezium box?
math is killing me...
I have tried searching everywhere.....

What exactly do you mean by "trapezium"? Americans usually use this
to describe a four-sided figure with no parallel sides. To the
British, it's a four-sided figure with two parallel sides (what we in
America usually call a "trapezoid".

If you have two parallel sides, the area is 0.5 X (a+b) X h, where a
and b are the lengths of the two parallel sides, and h is the height.
After you find that, multiply by the depth of the box to get the
volume.

If you have no parallel sides at all, the math gets trickier.
Describe exactly how your enclosure is shaped, and I can probably work
out a formula for the volume.

--
Scott Gardner

"You don't need to fire the rig foreman that just blew the top off the wellhead, cause you know for damned sure he'll never do it again." (Ron Gardner)

spam

wrote:

anyone knows if there is a good tutorial + software calculator on designing
a trapezium box?
math is killing me...
I have tried searching everywhere.....

What exactly do you mean by "trapezium"? Americans usually use this
to describe a four-sided figure with no parallel sides. To the
British, it's a four-sided figure with two parallel sides (what we in
America usually call a "trapezoid".

If you have two parallel sides, the area is 0.5 X (a+b) X h, where a
and b are the lengths of the two parallel sides, and h is the height.
After you find that, multiply by the depth of the box to get the
volume.

If you have no parallel sides at all, the math gets trickier.
Describe exactly how your enclosure is shaped, and I can probably work
out a formula for the volume.

I've done that before. no 2 sides are parallel. It's a bitch to figure
out. especially when it has to be exact as when building ported
enclosures. What I did was break the box down into the various triangles
and figure the volume of each one.

Antispammer

yupz, a trapeziod. To be exact, it's actually a trapezoid on top of a
rectangle.
Due the 45-75 degree slope, I guess the subs can only be mounted by
increasing the height. They will be firing at the rear at such an angle so
that the sound will be reflex to the front of the vehicle.
It's a Dual 15" box with slot port that I wanted. I have no restrictions on
the box size.
any suggestions?

subs specs
Fs = 28 Hz
Qms = 4.68
Vas = 123.3 liters
Xmax = 32 mm
Xmax (parallel) = 32 mm
Xmax (series) = 32 mm
Sd = 125.6 sq.in
Qes = 1.1
Qes (parallel) = 0.55
Qes (series) = 0.55
Re = 1.9 ohms
Re (parallel) = 0.95 ohm
Re (series) = 3.8 ohms
Z = 2 ohms
Z (parallel) = 1 ohm
Z (series) = 4 ohms
BL = 1.922 lb/A
BL (parallel) = 1.922 lb/A
BL (series) = 3.844 lb/A
Pe = 800 watts
Pe (parallel) = 1600 watts
Pe (series) = 1600 watts
Qts = 0.89
Qts (parallel) = 0.49
Qts (series) = 0.49
1-W SPL = 85.8 dB
1-W SPL (parallel) = 88.7
1-W SPL (series) = 88.7

news
wrote:

[...]

mark

It sounds like it should be a crazy box to build. What is it going
in(just curious)? What kind of subs are they?
I built a box for 2 kicker Comp's with a slotted port in a chevy S10
that was absolutely awesome. The guy is winning local competitions with
it frequently.

wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] vickram.hx111@gmail.com is offline

Here you have solution for maths. http://www.easycalculation.com/area/learn-trapezium.php
Check it for tutorials and software calculator.

Old Hollywood subwoofers and in house enclosure John Car Audio 3 June 29th 04 01:14 AM
rec.audio.car FAQ (Part 3/5) Ian D. Bjorhovde Car Audio 0 March 6th 04 07:54 AM
unusual custom sub enclosure question Simon Juncal Car Audio 6 January 9th 04 07:31 AM
Need advice selecting subwoofer, enclosure for a boat Captain Norm Car Audio 2 September 15th 03 07:04 PM
Enclosure Size & Speaker Placement of Mid Range Sam Carleton Car Audio 0 July 15th 03 03:34 AM