Tom Schlangen

Default Iron data and formulae

Gentlemen,

for those who are into winding their own transformers, here is a
useful link (partly in english):

http://www.waasner.de/uk/start.htm

From there, click on the "Technic" link to find some sub-menues
containing data, formulae and calculation instructions.

Tom

--
MS-DOS is the worst text adventure game I have ever played:
Poor vocabulary, weak parser and boring storyline.
Patrick Turner

Tom Schlangen wrote:

Gentlemen,

for those who are into winding their own transformers, here is a
useful link (partly in english):

http://www.waasner.de/uk/start.htm

From there, click on the "Technic" link to find some sub-menues
containing data, formulae and calculation instructions.

Tom

--
MS-DOS is the worst text adventure game I have ever played:
Poor vocabulary, weak parser and boring storyline.

Unfortunately, the above address would only attract those
who like incomprehensible story lines and text adventures also found in
MS-DOS

I use the info in the more comprehensible text of RDH4, although even
that damn book is confusing with its
oersteds and gilberts, et all.

Mark Harris and I are currently designing a computer program for
output transformers.

With minor mods, power trannies should also be possible.

So far I have about 30 pages of book notes and 45 described calculations
for a decent OPT
outcome, and all should be readable by the not too technically trained
person
when we are done, and doable even if they find their tax return a
problem to fill out correctly.

We plan to sell the full program when we are finished.

The designs will be for those who don't mind cool running, low losses,
and appropriate bandwidth at low distortion, and quiet operation.

Patrick Turner.

Yves

"Patrick Turner" a écrit dans le message de news:

[snip]

We plan to sell the full program when we are finished.

Hi Patrick

I don't sell anything ;)
http://geek.scorpiorising.ca/yves.htm
But I accept all kind of comments !

Yves.

Patrick Turner

Yves wrote:

"Patrick Turner" a écrit dans le message de news:

[snip]

We plan to sell the full program when we are finished.

Hi Patrick

I don't sell anything ;)
http://geek.scorpiorising.ca/yves.htm
But I accept all kind of comments !

Some of us don't have real jobs, ie, we
work in audio.

We gotta sell something. We think it will be worth it.

Patrick Turner.

Yves.

Yves

Yves wrote:

"Patrick Turner" a écrit dans le message de

[snip]

We plan to sell the full program when we are finished.

Hi Patrick

I don't sell anything ;)
http://geek.scorpiorising.ca/yves.htm
But I accept all kind of comments !

Some of us don't have real jobs, ie, we
work in audio.

Hu ?
Do you mean that working in audio is not a real job ;)

We gotta sell something. We think it will be worth it.

Indeed. I'm totally naïve about business, but I want to credit you for the
infos at your web site that helped me more than lot

Yves.

Patrick Turner.

Tom Schlangen

Hi Patrick,

Mark Harris and I are currently designing a
computer program for output transformers.

Great, but it is astounding how many programs are already
out there for this task ...

Yves mentioned his own (BTW the link seems to be broken)
and here are other free ones:

http://www.ecclab.com/start.php3?ID=10

and then scroll down a bit. Polski language? Nullski Problemski.

Tom

Gregg

Behold, Tom Schlangen scribed on tube chassis:

Hi Patrick,

Mark Harris and I are currently designing a computer program for output
transformers.

Great, but it is astounding how many programs are already out there for
this task ...

Yves mentioned his own (BTW the link seems to be broken).....

http://geek.scorpiorising.ca/yves.html

He just forgot the "l" ;-)

--
Gregg "t3h g33k"
http://geek.scorpiorising.ca
Patrick Turner

Yves wrote:

"Patrick Turner" a écrit dans le message de

[snip]

We plan to sell the full program when we are finished.
Hi Patrick

I don't sell anything ;)
http://geek.scorpiorising.ca/yves.htm
But I accept all kind of comments !

Some of us don't have real jobs, ie, we
work in audio.

Hu ?
Do you mean that working in audio is not a real job ;)

Somebody with a real job whinged to me about having to pay $8,000
in tax for a year.
My reply was that I wished I earned that much .....

We gotta sell something. We think it will be worth it.

Indeed. I'm totally naïve about business, but I want to credit you for the
infos at your web site that helped me more than lot

That website is getting stale, and its time for some revisions.....

Patrick Turner.

Yves.

Patrick Turner.

Patrick Turner

Tom Schlangen wrote:

Hi Patrick,

Mark Harris and I are currently designing a
computer program for output transformers.

Great, but it is astounding how many programs are already
out there for this task ...

And all that I have seen are very inadequate, or just plain wrong.
I cannot be astounded by what's out there, only by what isn't.

Patrick Turner.

Yves mentioned his own (BTW the link seems to be broken)
and here are other free ones:

http://www.ecclab.com/start.php3?ID=10

and then scroll down a bit. Polski language? Nullski Problemski.

Tom

Tom Schlangen

Hi Patrick,

I cannot be astounded by what's out there, only by what isn't.

Well put :-)

Personally, I don?t have an idea how good or bad the mentioned
programs are.

Tom

Patrick Turner

Tom Schlangen wrote:

Hi Patrick,

I cannot be astounded by what's out there, only by what isn't.

Well put :-)

Personally, I don?t have an idea how good or bad the mentioned
programs are.

Most of them cannot relate their formula to anything I can recognise as
science.

I have never seen one that allows analysis of the finished product.

I believe the formulas I have collected from a heck of a lot of reading
of books,
( yeah, remember what books are folks? ), are more accurate than
anytjhing I have seen on the Web.
Anyway, I ain't worried. After having wound a lot of OPTs, and measuered
them,
I know the formulas I have actually work.

Doing a Google on 'audio frequency transformer program'
or 'output transformer program' brings up nothing much after I
tried.....

Getting a core size and turns is easy, but then you have to get the
winding losses,
leakage, capacitance and distortion all low, and that means good winding
geometry.

Patrick Turner.

Tom