Posted to rec.audio.marketplace
analogman

Default FA: Dynaco ST-70 Tube Amplifier/Upgraded

Dynaco ST-70

This is a Dynaco Stereo 70 amplifier in beautiful cosmetic condition
and great working order. I'm the second owner (my Dentist was the
first) of this amp and have been using it for the last year.

I have thoughtfully upgraded to retain the original circuitry and
famous sonic signature of the ST-70 using the 7199 driver tubes. All
out of spec resistors have been replaced and matched to 1%, along with
new polypropylene coupling caps, a diode replacement of the selenium
rectifier, and a rebuilt bias supply. Additional capacitance (Sprague
Atoms) has been added to stages two and three of the original filter
cap, in other locations WIMA poly caps have been used.

Finally, Gold RCA's have been fitted to the inputs with wider spacing
to allow the use of larger RCA plugs. There have been no chassis
modifications. I have checked the voltages and all match the original
Dynaco specs; the tubes have also been tested on my TV-7 D/U. The
outputs are EL-34 matched pairs from Tube Depot.

The amp sounds wonderful and is extremely quiet with no hum. This is
the classic tube amp to have if you like classical and vocal
pieces...the midrange is impressive.

Thank you for looking---and check my other auctions.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE%3AIT&rd=1