FS: large neon bulbs for early tube testers

Old February 12th 04, 02:27 AM
arizona cowboy

Default FS: large neon bulbs for early tube testers

I have NOS stock of the large neon bulbs used in early tube testers (shorts
bulb) and radios from the 30's and 40's, both screw and bayonet type, if
anyone needs any.

also have NOS NE-45, and NE-51 shorts bulbs (neon) for newer Hickok and
military tube testers, as well as most other neon bulb types.

email me at:

cheers!

wild bill
knoxville, usa
world's largest seller of lab-calibrated TV-7D/U tube testers

Old February 12th 04, 06:17 AM
Spudley

Is there much call for tube testers these days?

Old February 12th 04, 06:21 AM
Allan Ross

Spudley wrote:
> Is there much call for tube testers these days?
>
> "arizona cowboy" <cacheoverflowATyahoo.com> wrote in message
>> I have NOS stock of the large neon bulbs used in early tube testers
>> (shorts bulb) and radios from the 30's and 40's, both screw and
>> bayonet type, if anyone needs any.
>>
>> also have NOS NE-45, and NE-51 shorts bulbs (neon) for newer Hickok
>> and military tube testers, as well as most other neon bulb types.
>>
>> email me at:
>>

>> cheers!
>>
>> wild bill
>> knoxville, usa
>> world's largest seller of lab-calibrated TV-7D/U tube testers

In vitro fertilisers, perhaps?

Old February 12th 04, 08:52 AM
Spudley

"Allan Ross" > wrote in message
> Spudley wrote:
> > Is there much call for tube testers these days?
> >
> > "arizona cowboy" <cacheoverflowATyahoo.com> wrote in message
> >> I have NOS stock of the large neon bulbs used in early tube

testers
> >> (shorts bulb) and radios from the 30's and 40's, both screw and
> >> bayonet type, if anyone needs any.
> >>
> >> also have NOS NE-45, and NE-51 shorts bulbs (neon) for newer

Hickok
> >> and military tube testers, as well as most other neon bulb types.
> >>
> >> email me at:
> >>

> >> cheers!
> >>
> >> wild bill
> >> knoxville, usa
> >> world's largest seller of lab-calibrated TV-7D/U tube testers

> In vitro fertilisers, perhaps?

I didn't mean volunteers.

Old February 12th 04, 10:58 AM
Phil Allison

"Spudley" >

> Is there much call for tube testers these days?

** Check them out on out Ebay - the damn things change hands for small
fortunes.

Anything tube related has become a fetish item collector's "must have" -
even old, worn out KT66s and 88s.

.......... Phil

Old February 12th 04, 02:06 PM
Hagstar

Spudley wrote:

> Is there much call for tube testers these days?

You are kidding, right ?

John H.
Old February 12th 04, 03:43 PM
William Sommerwerck

They were made at least into the '50s, and probably the '60s. I remember one in
my "learn electronics" mutli-project kit. You know, the one with the cardboard
box and Masonite chassis.

Old February 12th 04, 04:25 PM
Dan Busetti

"Phil Allison" > wrote in message u>...
> "Spudley" >
>
> > Is there much call for tube testers these days?

> ** Check them out on out Ebay - the damn things change hands for small
> fortunes.
>
> Anything tube related has become a fetish item collector's "must have" -
> even old, worn out KT66s and 88s.
>

> ......... Phil

That market is very quirky. I was trying to Ebay matched pairs of
AudioResearch tested Svetlana 6550Bs several months ago and received
only a few half-hearted bids. Decided to keep them in case I find a
suitable tube amp in the future.
Old February 12th 04, 10:47 PM
Lou deGonzague

Antique Electronic Supply has em, no big deal

Old February 13th 04, 01:54 AM
Jim Kollens

<< Is there much call for tube testers these days? >>

I use my TV7 and Dan Nelson in AZ makes money servicing them for people all
over the place. It's very interesting testing tubes, especially tubes that are
NOS and are no good. I've bought tubes from folk that were absolutely garbage.
It's nice to know right away rather than when you need it, particularly when
you have a recording studio going.