Studer A80 Light Bulbs

Old March 8th 05, 09:01 PM
high Voltage Recording

Default Studer A80 Light Bulbs

Hey All, do you know where I can get some lightbulbs for a Studer
A80??

I need 32 of the small ones in the penthouse for the "arm" and rec"
lights and 16 for behind the VU meters.

Do you know of any "digikey" or off the shelf products that can be
ordered at a much lower cost?

let me know!

Tony Kuzub
www.highvoltagerecording.com
Old March 9th 05, 03:44 PM

In article >,
high Voltage Recording > wrote:
>Hey All, do you know where I can get some lightbulbs for a Studer
>A80??
>
>I need 32 of the small ones in the penthouse for the "arm" and rec"
>lights and 16 for behind the VU meters.
>
>Do you know of any "digikey" or off the shelf products that can be
>ordered at a much lower cost?

These are the crimped-base bulbs? I believe these are the same lamps
that the Thorens turntables use and that the Revox A77 uses. Digi-Key
sells a lamp from Chicago Miniature that looks like the right thing, but
the base is just a tiny bit too large to fit. These lamps turn up in
so much European gear that there _has_ to be an inexpensive supplier in
Europe somewhere, but I haven't found it. If you do, please let me know
because I'll go in on an order with you.

Old March 10th 05, 02:31 AM
high Voltage Recording

yeah these little buggers are super tiny!! smaller then an average
Xmas bulb...maybe 1/2 the size. they arent crimped they have no legs
or mounting points it fits into a socket held by a spring with a lenze
in the front. they say 24VA34. I was thinking about putting in an
LED to replace them, but i dont think i have the room to do the
mod...without ripping each module apart.

as for the VU meter they say 24V40mA and have 2 indexing points so you
can slide them into the mounting plate.

any help would be awesome

thanks guys

Old March 10th 05, 11:31 AM
Gareth Magennis

"high Voltage Recording" > wrote in message
om...
> Hey All, do you know where I can get some lightbulbs for a Studer
> A80??

I'm pretty sure you can get these from most major suppliers, or at least
bulbs that will fit. (may be brighter or darker than the originals)

Try this:

http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSear...&Ntk=gensearch

Can't remember what type of bulbs they are, but if you just search for
"Filament Lamps" it comes up with hundreds of them. It should help you
identify the right fitting anyway.

Gareth.

Old March 10th 05, 06:53 PM

high Voltage Recording > wrote:
>yeah these little buggers are super tiny!! smaller then an average
>Xmas bulb...maybe 1/2 the size. they arent crimped they have no legs
>or mounting points it fits into a socket held by a spring with a lenze
>in the front.

Right, they have a crimped glass base with the wires twisted to be
contacts?

they say 24VA34. I was thinking about putting in an
>LED to replace them, but i dont think i have the room to do the
>mod...without ripping each module apart.

The guys that make LED replacement gadgets might actually have something
for these. It's worth calling Harris-Allied to see. That number just
says that the lamps are 24V and not much else.

>as for the VU meter they say 24V40mA and have 2 indexing points so you
>can slide them into the mounting plate.

That's just 24 volts, 40 milliamps, no other info. But knowing the mA
rating at least lets you know how much current was budgeted to run them.