Panasonic dvd displaying HO7/is it bad?

Old February 3rd 05, 07:46 AM

Default Panasonic dvd displaying HO7/is it bad?

Hi,

My Panasonic RV32 DVD player won't play and shows HO7 in the display.
Any Ideas??
Thanks,
Bill

Old February 3rd 05, 02:31 PM
Mike S.

In article .com>,
> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>My Panasonic RV32 DVD player won't play and shows HO7 in the display.
>Any Ideas??

H07 = spindle motor drive error
If it's under warranty, get it fixed that way.

This is a common problem with recent model Panasonic players, as they
moved to a low quality motor. The motor binds and stops turning.

A quick fix that sometimes works is to open the player, start a disc, and
manually give it spin to kickstart the spindle motor. If it's dying,
however, this is only a temporary solution.

Old February 5th 05, 04:16 PM

Mike S. wrote:
> In article .com>,
> > wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >My Panasonic RV32 DVD player won't play and shows HO7 in the

display.
> >Any Ideas??

> H07 = spindle motor drive error
> If it's under warranty, get it fixed that way.
>
> This is a common problem with recent model Panasonic players, as they
> moved to a low quality motor. The motor binds and stops turning.
>
> A quick fix that sometimes works is to open the player, start a disc,

and
> manually give it spin to kickstart the spindle motor. If it's dying,
> however, this is only a temporary solution.

Thanks very much Mike for your help.
I have an extended warranty, IF I can find where I put it, sheesh

Thanks again,
Bill