Posted to rec.audio.pro
Paul[_13_] Paul[_13_] is offline

Default Roland SP-808 GrooveSampler Outputs NO Sound

There's no sound coming from the pads on this drum machine.

I was not able to eject the 100 Meg Zip drive, until I
removed a loose spring in the drive. But I believe the
drum pads should work, even without the ZIP drive working,
right? The ZIP drive is only for storing samples, and
for sequencing songs, right?

I did the diagnostics test, and all the buttons work,
except for one: The "system/disk" button, which is
unfortunately, the button you need to re-initialize the
unit!

BAD LUCK!

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 06/09/2019 04:43, Paul wrote:
There's no sound coming from the pads on this drum machine.

I was not able to eject the 100 Meg Zip drive, until I
removed a loose spring in the drive. But I believe the
drum pads should work, even without the ZIP drive working,
right? The ZIP drive is only for storing samples, and
for sequencing songs, right?

I did the diagnostics test, and all the buttons work,
except for one: The "system/disk" button, which is
unfortunately, the button you need to re-initialize the
unit!

BAD LUCK!

Zip drives have a known problem known as the "Click of death". They die
with no warning, often at boot or closedown.

A dead Zip disc may be preventing the boot sequence from starting.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

In article , Paul wrote:
There's no sound coming from the pads on this drum machine.

You're always talking about equipment being broken here, but then when
people tell you how to go about diagnosing the problem and fixing it,
you say it's not worth the trouble. Why do you even post about it?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Paul[_13_] Paul[_13_] is offline

On 9/6/2019 5:11 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
In article , Paul wrote:
There's no sound coming from the pads on this drum machine.

You're always talking about equipment being broken here, but then when
people tell you how to go about diagnosing the problem and fixing it,
you say it's not worth the trouble. Why do you even post about it?

Because sometimes I get excellent advice, like the suggestion
for using guitar strings on the Joanna keyboard.

But I pick and choose my battles, and sometimes it's not
worth it.