RDS displaying

Old July 2nd 03, 12:15 AM
Alex

Default RDS displaying

Do you know if RDS system is able to display non-latin characters ? For
example greek or russian ?

Old July 2nd 03, 01:06 AM
The Lizard

Alex wrote:
> Do you know if RDS system is able to display non-latin characters ? For
> example greek or russian ?

Short answer: yes.

RDS sends data only. It is up to the RDS receiver to interpret that data
and display the appropriate character. So, whether or not you'll see non
latin characters is up to your receiver. Very few aftermarket radios
will display non-latin character sets. The only ones I've seen are
Cyrillic and Japanese.

--
Lizard

teamROCS #007 / Technical Director / Founding Member *res derelicta*
http://www.teamrocs.com/

Old July 2nd 03, 10:03 PM
The Lizard

Alex wrote:

> What was this model of radio ?

The guy didn't say. He just asked a general question about RDS
transmitters. Otherwise I would have researched the capability of his
headunit.