Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Chu Gai Chu Gai is offline

Default What's going on with this driver?

Over at AV123, there was a forum post (http://forums.av123.com/
showthread.php?t=41989) where an owner of Rocket speakers observed
that some his drivers were exhibiting an imprint from where I guess
the motor is attached to the aluminum cone. Other owners in that
thread have also mentioned that they've seen it too. My question is
why is this happening? A person posted that it's because the aluminum
is very light but if that was the case I'd expect a flood of reports
by Rocket owners experiencing the same thing. Could it be due to poor
quality control by the driver manufacturer (Peerless India I think)
with respect the aluminum thickness or variations in the alloy?
Anybody seen this and can offer some technical insight into this?

ST 70 driver Thomas Withers Pro Audio 1 June 4th 07 11:41 PM
FS: Phaze Audio Line Driver model LD-2 Butler Tube driver on Ebay [email protected] Car Audio 0 November 21st 05 11:07 PM
FS: Phaze Audio Line Driver model LD-2 Butler Tube driver on Ebay [email protected] Marketplace 0 November 21st 05 11:03 PM
Driver Design - What makes a good driver TC Tech 0 January 25th 05 04:32 AM
FS: Tube Driver 16V RMS balanced tube line driver ãÞ0çã|ÿÞs Car Audio 1 January 8th 04 08:35 AM