Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Dave Turner

Default What Does "XLR" Mean? -- Official Answer

Al Gershen wrote:

I've searched over the Internet and I haven't been able to find a
defination for what the letters "XLR" mean.

Can you help me?

Dear Group,

This topic doesn't seem to have arisen for quite a while, but I was asked
this recently and did a bit of digging on usenet. Not trusting what I heard
(there were a whole load of different answers, all claiming to be
authoritative), I asked Cannon/ITT what the acronym XLR stands for and they
replied with the following: