Posted to rec.audio.opinion
[email protected] ixtarbrules@yahoo.com is offline

Default Lindsey Graham, Sotomayor, and Guns

(( He refers to the soon-to-be-late Ted Kennedy as a "wicked old man".
Bravo. That's the best summation of that fat geriatric turd one can
make in polite company that I can imagine. Bret.))

Lindsey Graham, Sotomayor, and Guns

[Patrick Cleburne]

In some ways the most deplorable result in the ’08 election cycle was
the achievement by the despicable Lindsey Graham (Scalawag-SC) of a
second Senate term.

This was the Lindsey Graham who burbled

I can’t tell you how impressed I am with Senator Kennedy…

while conniving with that wicked old man to try and force through the
2006 Amnesty/Immigration Acceleration Bill.

The tragedy is, Graham had fine patriotic opponents both at the
Primary and General Election levels. Chuck Baldwin was quite right in
his scathing denunciation of South Carolina’s purportedly
“Conservative” leadership.

Just how much damage Graham is willing to do was demonstrated in the
case of the promising Sotomayor controvery by his appearance yesterday
in Fox News Sunday. There he sneered at those who question Supreme
Court nominee Sonia Sotomayor’s ethnocentrism, let her off the hook of
being a racist, and proposed a way for to her to defuse the charge:

Asked if he agreed with former House Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.) and
conservative radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh that Sotomayor is a
racist, the South Carolina Republican said he disagreed.
No, they interject themselves in the debate. They have got an audience
to entertain and Newt is a political commentator. I’m a United States
senator,” Graham said on “Fox News Sunday” with Chris Wallace. “I
don’t think she’s a racist…
“What she said was that based on her life experiences she thought that
a Latina woman, somebody with her background, would be a better judge
than a guy like me, a white guy from South Carolina. It is troubling,”
Graham said. “It’s inappropriate and I hope she will apologize.”

Graham: Sotomayor not racist, but apology expected
By Kevin Bogardus The Hill Posted: 05/31/09 10:39 AM [ET]

(This is the same Lindsey Graham to so brutally tortured then Supreme
Court nominee Samuel Alioto over his (apparently completely passive)
membership of Concerned Alumni of Princeton (which was merely opposed
to the admission of women and to affirmative action) at his hearing
that Mrs. Alioto left the hearing in tears

GRAHAM: …And some quotes were shown, from people who did write for
this organization, that you disavowed. Do you remember that exchange?
ALITO: I disavow them. I deplore them. They represent things that I
have always stood against and I can’t express too strongly…
GRAHAM: If you don’t mind the suspicious nature that I have is that
you may be saying that because you want to get on the Supreme Court;
that you’re disavowing this now because it doesn’t look good.
And really what I would look at to believe you’re not — and I’m going
to be very honest with you — is: How have you lived your life? Are you
really a closet bigot?
ALITO: I’m not any kind of a bigot, I’m not.

(Second Round of Graham Questioning Judge Alioto - Graham website.

Will we see a similar Graham/Sotomayor performance? Of course not.
Brown people are for fawning over.

In the Obama era, South Carolina’s Republicans cannot afford Graham.

Generally, the weekend performance of the GOP talking heads on the
Sotomayor nomination underlined the wisdom of Sam Francis’
“racism” question (which they would rechristen “ethnocentrism” if they
had any brains) none seemed to raise the equally explosive and more
deadly issue of Sotomayor’s dislike of gun ownership. Needless to say,
this has been vigorously ignored by the MSM – Google News has only 32
news articles on “Sotomayor and Guns” while there are over 13,400
simply on her nomination. But there are enough on the Conservative
food chain for the Senator’s staffs to have briefed them – for
instance here and here.

Not surprisingly in the light of Chick Baldwin’s remarks above on
their General Election bumbling, the National Rifle Association is
still fence-sitting.

Andrew Arulanandam, a spokesman for the NRA, said the group has
“serious concerns” about Judge Sotomayor but isn’t necessarily
opposing her nomination… “If there are satisfactory answers to the
questions, then we’ll move on,” Mr. Arulanandam said.

Gun Advocates See Reason to Be Wary of Nominee By Gary Fields The Wall
Street Journal May 30 2009

There seems to be some degenerative ailment which strikes the lead 501
(c)3s in controversial areas (hint! ). "

http://blog.vdare.com/archives/2009/...ayor-and-guns/