Andrew M.

Default Cubase project archive (like Bundles in Sonar)

I think Cubase stores everything in a project folder by default. So you
could .zip up your project folder with no data compression and that
should do it. Steinberg Wavelab has a good archive tool as well.

Henri Tremolo wrote:

Hello!

I'd like to archive my recent project made with Cubase 5.2 for Windows
(or was it 5.0?). In Sonar, audio wave-files, midi-files, mixer settings,
automation and everything is stored in one single large file, called bundle,
aka .BUN-file.

Can I do the same thing in Cubase? By using Audio pool? Any help
appreciated.

Thank you for your responses.

-sami-

Nil

On 26 Aug 2003, "Andrew M." wrote in
:

I think Cubase stores everything in a project folder by default.
So you could .zip up your project folder with no data compression
and that should do it.

Sonar can do it this way, too. Many Sonar users are archiving the
project folders, rather than the bundles for fear that the big bundle
file might become corrupted and you'd lose everything. Seems safer to
be able to get at the individual wav files.
Henri Tremolo

"Andrew M." wrote in message
I don't think Cubase has any archiving built in like Sonar.

sad.. such a nice feature.

My problem is that i didn't rename the tracks and songs
before recording so now i have hundhreds of files with
no descriptive names. This makes it difficult to compile
one cd per one song, which was my target.

But ok.. I'll handle them somehow. Thank you Andrew
and Nil for quick replies.

-sami-

Bill Lorentzen

I don't know what's available in 5.x, but in SX there is a feature whereby
you can copy everything in the project to a new folder. Thereby you could
separate the bits of each song. Perhaps you can do this in 5.x.

I would check the Cubase news group

http://forum.cubase.net/cgi-bin/cuba...=10&LastLogin=

or the manual ;-)

--
Bill L

"Ricky W. Hunt" wrote in message
"Henri Tremolo" wrote in message

"Andrew M." wrote in message
I don't think Cubase has any archiving built in like Sonar.

sad.. such a nice feature.

My problem is that i didn't rename the tracks and songs
before recording so now i have hundhreds of files with
no descriptive names. This makes it difficult to compile
one cd per one song, which was my target.

But ok.. I'll handle them somehow. Thank you Andrew
and Nil for quick replies.

Use the Cakewalk Audio Finder tool. It's one your CD or you can get it off
their website. Be sure to use version 3 of the tool if using Sonar. It

lists
each project and the associated WAV files. You can also save the report

and
print it out. You can also use the "Consolidate Project Audio" in Sonar's
tool menu to put all the WAV files used by the project into one folder.

This
is a copy function though so after you are through you might want to

delete
the old ones to free up space. Also, and maybe easiest and safest of all,
you could just do a "Save As" on the project, check the "copy all audio

with
project", and save it to it's own folder. It will create a new folder with
all the files from that project in that one folder. Then just delete the

old
project and run "Clean Audio Folder" in the Tools menu to kill the old WAV
files. Never delete WAV files by hand unless you are absolutely sure of

what
you are doing. If more than one project uses the file it could mess up

that
project.

Chris Smalt

Andrew wrote:

I think Cubase stores everything in a project folder by default.

Yes, but check if your audio files really wind up where you think they
will. If you use an existing song file as a starting point for a new
one without changing the record path, you're screwed.

Henri wrote:

My problem is that i didn't rename the tracks and songs
before recording so now i have hundhreds of files with
no descriptive names. This makes it difficult to compile
one cd per one song, which was my target.

Cubase can consolidate all audio to a new folder. "Prepare archive" is
one way. All recorded audio is copied to a new folder. "Prepare
master" only copies used parts of the audio files. If you're sure you
got all your edits right, this is a good way to save space. This info
is from the version 5 manual - don't know if it's also valid for SX.

Chris

Karl H

You don't have to worry about names, etc. the "archive" or the "master"
functions found in the audio pool will find all the files that belong to
each song ( even if they are scattered in different folders ) and copy them
all to the folder of your choice. READ the manual about this because there
are significant differences between the 2 processes. I always have to
re-read it to know which I want.

karl