Posted to rec.audio.car
Ericfg

Default Phoenix Gold?

Does this company still make very high quality product?
I've been outta the loop for about ten years now and am looking for a
fairly cheap, but high quality, two channel amp.
I noticed a couple PG amps on eBay at "binford" prices and thought "is
PG now Chinese import crap"?
What's the basic poop?
Thanks,
Eric

Posted to rec.audio.car
Captain Howdy

yup, but what isn't

In article . com, "Ericfg"
wrote:
Does this company still make very high quality product?
I've been outta the loop for about ten years now and am looking for a
fairly cheap, but high quality, two channel amp.
I noticed a couple PG amps on eBay at "binford" prices and thought "is
PG now Chinese import crap"?
What's the basic poop?
Thanks,
Eric

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET

Phoenix Gold is still made in Portland, OR I'm quite sure (obviously the
electronic components were bought oversees but the final assembly is done by
hand IN AMERICA by AMERICANS, well, Americans of Asian decent). I worked
there for a couple years in the early part of this decade. Yes, they do
still make top notch gear, however, there are some new kids on the block
(Exile for instance) that are making some great stuff. Also, I don't
believe Phoenix has yet to make inroads in the VERY competitive Class D
market.

MOSFET

"Ericfg" wrote in message
ups.com...
Does this company still make very high quality product?
I've been outta the loop for about ten years now and am looking for a
fairly cheap, but high quality, two channel amp.
I noticed a couple PG amps on eBay at "binford" prices and thought "is
PG now Chinese import crap"?
What's the basic poop?
Thanks,
Eric

Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald

mosfet i see you know nothing about big business. anything where parts
are made outside usa then assembled inside usa.they do that to avoid
import taxes, etc....
ok..has nothing to do with quality...lol

Posted to rec.audio.car
Ericfg

OK, thanks for that.
Is it safe to say that PG's 'decline' is less marked than, say,
Rockford's in the last ten years or so?
When I say I'm looking for a
"fairly cheap, but high quality, two channel amp" what I want is a 40x2
amp to run my 4x6s in the dash only. Price range to be $75 to $100.
Thanks,

Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald

you know most 40rms amps only give you around 33rms most of the time?
dont be scared to over power by 6-7rms...
i dout youll ever use them....
33-40rms...can you even hear that over the road noise???

Posted to rec.audio.car
Rob Kulp

"Ericfg" wrote in message
oups.com...
OK, thanks for that.
Is it safe to say that PG's 'decline' is less marked than, say,
Rockford's in the last ten years or so?
When I say I'm looking for a
"fairly cheap, but high quality, two channel amp" what I want is a 40x2
amp to run my 4x6s in the dash only. Price range to be $75 to $100.
Thanks,

Mosfet has a nice Jensen amplifier to sell you. It's only been used to run
his rear fill. Good condition, never abused.

Rob

Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald

dont ever buy used....unless ya able to fix it ez.

Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald

try lanzer amps......get say a 50x2 for your needs. turns gains under
50% up.never higher.
''ROCK ON,dude''

Posted to rec.audio.car
Captain Howdy

ROFL

Mosfet has a nice Jensen amplifier to sell you. It's only been used to run
his rear fill. Good condition, never abused.

Rob

Posted to rec.audio.car
KU40

PG still makes some quality products, and for your application I see no
reason why a PG amp wouldn't be more than adequate. I would definitely
choose them over jensen or lanzar. and perhaps the amps you saw on ebay
were of their lowest line? Like many manufacturers, they try to provide
different model lines of equipment to fit different consumers' budgets.

--
KU40
Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET

I use my Jensen to run my TWEETERS, not rear-fill. AND IT WORKS FINE!!!!
Sounds WONDERFUL. Frankly, I have ABSOLUTELY NO PLANS to change it, even if
a better amp fell in my lap!!!

It does the job as well as I could possible imagine, why should I change it
just because of the name "Jensen"? Look, WE ALL KNOW that all amps sound
basically the same. What sets most amps apart is the quality of
construction (both inside and out). As long as I don't push my Jensen too
hard, I'm sure it will last for YEARS AND YEARS!!!

BTW, I am NOT CHEAP when it comes to my stereo, I am practical. I use
high-end Phoenix Gold interconnects throughout my system, Optima Yellow-Top,
Alpine 9853 Head-Unit, MTX MXS 12" "Superwoofers", JL and MB Quart speakers,
Soundstream Ref. 700 and a vintage Rockford Fosgate for the "heavy lifting".
But I am ALSO PRATICAL. Why spend $400 when a $50 amp will do the job!!!

MOSFET

"Rob Kulp" wrote in message
. ..

"Ericfg" wrote in message
oups.com...
OK, thanks for that.
Is it safe to say that PG's 'decline' is less marked than, say,
Rockford's in the last ten years or so?
When I say I'm looking for a
"fairly cheap, but high quality, two channel amp" what I want is a 40x2
amp to run my 4x6s in the dash only. Price range to be $75 to $100.
Thanks,

Mosfet has a nice Jensen amplifier to sell you. It's only been used to run
his rear fill. Good condition, never abused.

Rob

Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald

didnt mean lanzer or jensen was better than pg..just a good other
choice....

Posted to rec.audio.car
Francious70

Don't listen to a word of what Bob here says. PG makes great stuff in
KOREA, with a final QC check in OR. Their new RSD line is sonically
BETTER than their older TI amps.

--
Francious70
Posted to rec.audio.car
Ericfg

get say a 50x2 for your needs. turns gains under
50% up.never higher.

That's almost exactly what I had in mind: low power & low gain.
Thanks.

Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald

listen whom ever say dont listen to bob...i never said pg was bad.
actually i believe it the best amp made or 2nd best.....
Since pg combined with Carver!
also..since audiovox bought jensen i wouldnt buy jensen today. i started
buying jvc instead...
soundstream is a+ too.....

Posted to rec.audio.car
KU40

Ericfg Wrote:
get say a 50x2 for your needs. turns gains under

50% up.never higher.

That's almost exactly what I had in mind: low power & low gain.
Thanks.

the gain is not a volume knob. at 50% gain you could be clipping the
heck out of the amp. Or you could be barely getting enough power to
hear the speaker. Saying your gain is only at 1/3, or 1/2, or whatever
is an absolutely useless term when used by itself because gain position
depends solely on input voltage from the head unit. don't set out to
only put the gain at a certain position because that is not the correct
way to do it and makes absolutely no sense to do.

--
KU40
Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald

((((every1 turn your gains all the way up..ku says it doesnt matter..its
not a volume knob..)))lol
uuh i know its not a volume knob but it does effect the pressure your
speakers gets from your amp...duh
pressure may not be the exact right word but itll do.lol

Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald

ku i feel you didnt read my other posts! i am King..dont embarrass
yourself by giving me basic advice....LOL
ku if you have any advice on this question give it. otherwise
****off..lol

Posted to rec.audio.car
KU40

pressure is definitely not the right word. how do you expect to give
advice when you don't know the terminology? I was just trying to save
someone from taking bad advice.

--
KU40
Posted to rec.audio.car
MookieG

I own a Phoenix Gold Xenon X600.1 amp and i think it is great. I love
the technology they use. The Xenon amps put out their rms at 1-4ohm,
just like JL slash series amps. Supposedly a few years ago PG's main
designers(?) left and made ZED audio. But PG's products are still
pretty good, my amp seems to be of good quality and they do what they
are supposed to do.

--
MookieG
Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald

ku my advice isnt turn your gains whereever.its not a volume knob at
least....lol
ku again youre not giving advice..try harder..
every1 ku has some selfworth issues. he needs to feel hes needed..every1
try to let ku know how smart n important he is. good boy ku.''pats on
head''. ''youre a smart boy''..lol

Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald

terminology..uuhh 'impress me''
look i dont know ya big college words but i know car audio...
first thing to know is which models of companys r solid, which over
rated, which r crap...
goota compare like priced amps to one another to be fair.
i suggest. high priced pg or alpine or ppi.
lo priced: boss or jvc or sound stream or
(visonik,maybe).
(((profile,rf,hifonics,jbl,mtx,orion,kicker,audiob ahn))) i wouldnt
try......
those above, as good or better for cheaper...

Posted to rec.audio.car
flak_monkey

I remember that at least one of the PG speaker lines was made by Morel.
Very nice stuff.

--
flak_monkey

Posted to rec.audio.car
danssoslow

bob wald Wrote:
ku my advice isnt turn your gains whereever.its not a volume knob at
least....lol
ku again youre not giving advice..try harder..
every1 ku has some selfworth issues. he needs to feel hes
needed..every1
try to let ku know how smart n important he is. good boy ku.''pats on
head''. ''youre a smart boy''..lol

Here's some advice Bobbo, don't call the kettle black with your pot
***. How the hell are you going to say someone, anyone has self worth
issues; and in the same breath consider yourself the King? You are the
same SOB that drives five under in the far left lane. The same piece of
sh*t that sports red, white, and blue ribbons on your car; yet goes uot
of thier way to **** everyone in America off. You are a thorn in
everyone else's side. The next time you see your mom, slap her one good
for me; then tell her she should be damned for not swallowing.

--
danssoslow
Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald

insults the sign of stupidity n low iq.lol
Whats wrong cant come back with some facts to show me up bub?

Posted to rec.audio.car
Francious70

flak_monkey Wrote:
I remember that at least one of the PG speaker lines was made by Morel.
Very nice stuff.

Yea, their Ti Elite line.

--
Francious70
Posted to rec.audio.car
danssoslow

bob wald Wrote:
insults the sign of stupidity n low iq.lol
Whats wrong cant come back with some facts to show me up bub?

The fact is, you are a lowlife. Need I start a pole here to show the
fact to you? lol
You breathing is a sign that God indeed supports homosexuality.

I.Q.? i don't know your big college words but i do know an ******* when
see one i do lol

--
danssoslow
Posted to rec.audio.car
flak_monkey

bob wald Wrote:
insults the sign of stupidity n low iq.lol
Whats wrong cant come back with some facts to show me up bub?

No, using "n" instead of the word "and" is a sign of low I.Q. So is not
being able to utilize even the most basic of grammar school punctuation
while typing. Namely, using a f*cking apostophe once in a while
wouldn't kill you.

Your genius come-back should look like this: "Insults are the sign of
stupidity and low I.Q. What's wrong? Can't come back with some facts to
show me up, bub?"

There, that's better.

--
flak_monkey

Posted to rec.audio.car
flak_monkey

Bob is the lowest possible form of life on the internet. He spends his
time trolling newsgroups and forums looking for people to victimize,
spouting grossly innacurate disinformation in the process. Not only is
Bob Wald a pretentious little worm, but he continually insults and
belittles others while claiming that it is a sign of a low I.Q. Well,
so is condemning actions that one, in the same breath, commits, Bob. If
you he were not so arrogant, then he would realize what a worthless,
pathetic, self-absorbed person that he is, and end his own life in the
manner most befitting livestock like him- ie slitting his throat and
exsanguinating slowly. He claims to know everything but in the same
sentence will discredit his own words by stating that he does not. I am
amazed that he has not yet forgotten how to breath. If he really had any
audio stuff, he would have discharged an entire car battery on himself
while trying feebly to install it, while attempting to read the chinese
parrt of the instructions because he thinks that he knows everything.
Unfortunately, he doesn't really have any of the stuff he says he has,
so he claims to keep it stored in his closet. Yet it is about as real,
I suspect, as the boogeyman that he undoubtedly believes to inhabit
said closet. If by some miracle Bob managed to tie his own shoes, drive
a car without killing at least thirty people in the process (he thinks
it's appropriate to drive backwards), walk into the store, and purchase
some of the Circuit City and Wal Mart garbage that he claims to own and
is so very proud of, then I wouldn't be at all suprised if he tried to
pay in monopoly money. I say this because Bob lives in his own
delusional fantasy world that he has fabricated out of necessity to
prevent his feeble mind from dealing with the trauma associated with
the realization of his own pathetic and futile existence. In this
world, he believes that he is infallible. Yet in order to feed the
mechanisms of denial required to facilitate such grandeous and
overwhelming delusions, he must discount everything that anybody says
by making fun of it. He cannot ever think of anything useful to say, so
he instead will simply blurt out the first "thought" that comes to
"mind." In doing this, he reaffirms his own banality- a process, I'm
afraid, that will not be affected by simply leaving him alone. He needs
to be constantly subjugated in order to assure himself subconciously
that maintaining his delusions (the "I am king" complex, as I call it)
is a necessity. However, without this complicated denial mechanism to
fuel his fantasy world, he would become so annoying that he would turn
into a black hole, taking all of us with him as we are compressed into
a very, very, very stupid quantum singularity.

--
flak_monkey
Posted to rec.audio.car
danssoslow

flak_monkey Wrote:
No, using "n" instead of the word "and" is a sign of low I.Q. So is not
being able to utilize even the most basic of grammar school punctuation
while typing. Namely, using a f*cking apostophe once in a while wouldn't
kill you.

Your genius come-back should look like this: "Insults are the sign of
stupidity and low I.Q. What's wrong? Can't come back with some facts to
show me up, bub?"

There, that's better.

It's funny. I started to write a reply correcting his "terminology"
post, highlighting all of the corrections. Two sentences into
correcting him, I got lost in the translation. Ebonics doesn't have
shart on this guy!

--
danssoslow
Posted to rec.audio.car
flak_monkey

As per your request;

Bob is the lowest possible form of life on the internet. He spends
his time trolling newsgroups and forums looking for people to victimize,
spouting grossly innacurate disinformation in the process. Not only is
Bob Wald a pretentious little worm, but he continually insults and
belittles others while claiming that doing the very same thing that he
does is a sign of a low I.Q. Well, so is condemning actions that one,
in the same breath, commits, Bob. If he were not so arrogant, then he
would realize what a worthless, pathetic, self-absorbed person that he
is, and end his own life in the manner most befitting livestock like
him- ie slitting his throat and exsanguinating slowly.

He claims to know everything but in the same sentence will
discredit his own words by stating that he does not. I am amazed that
he has not yet forgotten how to breath. If he really had any audio
stuff, he would have discharged an entire car battery on himself while
trying feebly to install it, all while attempting to read the chinese
part of the instructions because he thinks that he knows everything.
Perhaps he doesn't really have any of the stuff he says he has, so he
claims to keep it stored in his closet. It may be about as real, I
suspect, as the boogeyman that he must undoubtedly believe to inhabit
said closet. If by some miracle Bob managed to tie his own shoes, drive
a car without killing at least thirty people in the process (he thinks
it's appropriate to drive backwards), walk into the store, and purchase
some of the Circuit City and Wal Mart garbage that he claims to own and
is so very proud of, then I wouldn't be at all suprised if he tried to
pay in monopoly money.

I say this because Bob lives in his own delusional fantasy world
that he has fabricated out of necessity to prevent his feeble mind from
dealing with trauma. By trauma, I mean that which is associated with the
realization of his own pathetic and futile existence. In this world, he
believes that he is infallible. Yet in order to feed the machines of
his own stupidity that are required to facilitate such grandeous and
overwhelming delusions, he must discount everything that anybody says
by making fun of it. He cannot ever think of anything useful to say, so
he instead will simply blurt out the first "thought" that comes to
"mind." In doing this, he reaffirms his own banality- a process, I'm
afraid, that will not be affected by simply leaving him alone.

Bob needs to be constantly subjugated in order to assure himself
(subconciously) that maintaining his delusions (the "I am king"
complex, as I call it) is a worth-while endeavor. However, without this
complicated denial mechanism to fuel his fantasy world, he would become
so utterly annoying that he would turn into a black hole, taking all of
us with him as we (him inculded) are compressed into one very, very,
very stupid quantum singularity.

See, ask nicely and ye shal recieve!

--
flak_monkey
Posted to rec.audio.car
danssoslow

bob wald Wrote:
i wasnt aware this was a english/grammer thread.

Every thread is. It's a communication thing, you wouldn't understand...

--
danssoslow
Posted to rec.audio.car
John

Bob Wald isn't worth your trouble...or anyone elses for that matter...if
you try to argue with him you must be dumber than he is...he is just
that stupid and full of himself, so give up now, leave him alone, and
hope he goes away...

--
John

Posted to rec.audio.car
flak_monkey

Now you are just clawing mindlessly for defenses to take the focus off
of you. So predictable.

--
flak_monkey
Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald

no monkey. there is some1 crying on here about windows. n every1
pampering him like a child.explaining why he cant keep them. you all
sre such tuff men.lol
i wonder why hes not crying about high gas prices? thats worse than not
having tinted windows..lol
maybe lil baby boy will cry about gas prices next?

Phoenix Gold amps ?? Raditz Car Audio 2 July 10th 05 07:37 AM
FS: PHEONIX GOLD AMPS AND WOOFERS ON SPECIAL NEXXON Car Audio 1 August 26th 04 05:44 PM
FS: PHEONIX GOLD AMPS AND WOOFERS ON SPECIAL NEXXON Audio Opinions 0 August 21st 04 04:44 AM
FS: PHEONIX GOLD AMPS AND WOOFERS ON SPECIAL NEXXON Pro Audio 0 August 21st 04 04:44 AM
FS: PHEONIX GOLD AMPS AND WOOFERS ON SPECIAL NEXXON Marketplace 0 August 21st 04 04:43 AM