Default What's wrong with my Rode K2 mic?

It cuts out when I turn the pattern knob. Once I set it, it works. But
in the figure 8 mode, if I shake the mic, it cuts out. Any ideas? Bad
tube?

Geoff Wood

wrote in message
oups.com...
It cuts out when I turn the pattern knob. Once I set it, it works. But
in the figure 8 mode, if I shake the mic, it cuts out. Any ideas? Bad
tube?

Tubes are delicate. Shake one and it's likely to cut out.

geoff

PS more like an internmittant wire connection or PCB joint.

Gareth Magennis

if I shake the mic, it cuts out. Any ideas?

Don't shake it.

The pattern selection is a pot, not a switch, so maybe it's a circuit
snafu. Also, I normally don't shake mics, but I was testing to see if
there was a loose contact. Obviously, there's a problem if the mic
can't handle some shake. And, yes, the mic is evidently broken beyond
my repair, so I'll probably sell it as is. It's not that great when it
did work, as compared to some non-tube condensors I have.

Scott Dorsey

It cuts out when I turn the pattern knob. Once I set it, it works. But
in the figure 8 mode, if I shake the mic, it cuts out. Any ideas? Bad
tube?

If it happens only in figure-8, I'd suspect dirty switch contacts or
switch wiring.
Geoff Wood

wrote in message
oups.com...
The pattern selection is a pot, not a switch, so maybe it's a circuit
snafu. Also, I normally don't shake mics, but I was testing to see if
there was a loose contact. Obviously, there's a problem if the mic
can't handle some shake. And, yes, the mic is evidently broken beyond
my repair, so I'll probably sell it as is. It's not that great when it
did work, as compared to some non-tube condensors I have.

Well your ears may be broken as well as your mic then.

Why not get it fised and listen to it again - if it doesn't sound
marvellous, then it aint fixed.

geoff

My Last Sigh

If the problem is a bad contact in a switch or tube lead, this product is
highly recommended by me : Caig Deoxit

http://store.caig.com/s.nl/sc.2/category.188/.f

oups.com...