Jakeman

Default dBfs scales, EBU r68 or DIN ?

In our studio in the Netherlands we use a Yamaha O2r audio console, and
a Sony DVW500 digital betacam recorder. Recently we bought a AES/EBU
DK-audio peakmeter, and the German DIN-PPM scale is our reference.
In some situations we prefer the dBfs scale, but that seems not to be
compatible with the German DIN-PPM scale, there is always a difference
of 3dB. I think that the EBU dBfs standard scale is used for the
digital betacam and the o2R.
My conclusion, if you use the DIN PPM scale (RTW) and the EBU-r68 dBfs
scale, you have a headroom left of only 6 dB in the digital betacam.
Who knows the solution ? What's the standard scale for digital betacam ?
Is the O2R standard always the EBU-r68 scale ?
Hope to see some reactions.

Jaap

dBfs scales, EBU r68 or DIN ? Jakeman Pro Audio 2 November 21st 04 10:00 PM
DA78 and MX2424 max input dbfs not printed in manuals. Cameron Wiley Pro Audio 17 March 31st 04 08:52 AM
Digital Summing TYY Pro Audio 30 September 5th 03 08:31 PM
Louder IS Better (With Lossy) [email protected] Pro Audio 137 July 13th 03 08:44 AM