Alex Docherty

Default Marantz 2215b + Sansui 3900z

Hey i have a Marantz 2215b, I picked it up for 15 CND at a thrift shop, does
anyone know how much its worth?

I also have a Sansui 3900z. Its an early digital amp, any ideas?

hope someone can help, alex

Neil

"Alex Docherty" wrote in message ...
Hey i have a Marantz 2215b, I picked it up for 15 CND at a thrift shop, does
anyone know how much its worth?

Assuming it works correctly, it's worth maybe $50-$75 USD at most.
It's one of their less-expensive receivers from the 1970's, if I
remember correctly.

For the price you paid, assuming it works OK, you might want to keep
it for yourself.

I also have a Sansui 3900z. Its an early digital amp,

Is this a receiver? By "digital," you mean it just has a digital
readout, right?

(I doubt it actually operates digitally internally--that's pretty rare
in home audio gear and I doubt Sansui made any digital amps.)

any ideas?

Sansui has changed ownership several times and I don't think there's
been any Sansui audio gear sold in the US since maybe the 1980s.
There's not going to be a lot of demand for anything Sansui, IMHO.
They made decent gear comparable to the other popular Japanese brands.

I'll guess and say it's worth maybe $50-$75 USD at most. It might be
$50 or less.

There's tons of this sort of Japanese audio electronics available in
any US pawn shop or flea market. It's OK gear and usually still works
fine, but there's more supply than demand, IMHO. (I'm no expert, these
are just my impressions from occasional trips to pawn shops and places
that deal in used gear.)

Try looking at eBay every week or two and seeing what people will bid
on the same models. I see:

http://search-desc.ebay.com/search/s...2&BasicSearch=

http://search.ebay.com/ws/search/Sal...eiver&from=R10

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...0&BasicSearch=

I don't see the Sansui 3900Z on eBay now. I assume the 7900Z is a
fancier, pricier model, and it's on eBay now with bids in the $51-$67
USD range. I assume the 3900Z is less fancy and would be worth less
than the 7900Z.

Also search web and newsgroups via Google.com for any other comments.

hope someone can help, alex