Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Brian

Default BOSE can sound good in a small room

I had so many replies in my last post about BOSE that I thought I'd
better start a new post. No one wants to read 199 or so posts and some
of the posts were not related to my question.

Thank you for all your helpful replies.

It's possible that the BOSE speakers do not sound good in a large
room.
The Room I have my BOSE speakers in is 5 x 3.5 meters. The distance
from the speakers is 3 meters.
The BOSE sub woofer is in a corner facing the wall so that low
frequency sound bounces off the wall giving me more bass volume.
If I turn up the volume too high then the speakers don't sound so
good, for example when I say loud I mean so loud that I can't hear the
speech of someone standing next to me. I normally have the volume loud
enough to hear the phone ring or are able to talk to someone next to
me without shouting.

So what I'm saying is BOSE can sound good but only in a certain setup.

I had a listen a pair of Paradigm speakers. One was called "Esprit"
the other "Phantion". They're floor standing speakers. They seem to
sound their best with music that rapidly changes in volume such as
orchestra music that has impact as they have a wide dynamic range.
They lacked in imaging and in deep bass as there low frequency
response was 45Hz.

Regards Brian