Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

Default Did These People Become Involved In CDs?

http://fdslabs.com/audio_demo.html

I have a 1988 Priority Records (Calif.) CD, and even though the (Variest Artists) sources aren't ideal, its loudness is impressive for such an old CD!

This, too:
https://sites.google.com/site/songsby/hank-waring

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 22/08/2016 12:09 p.m., JackA wrote:
http://fdslabs.com/audio_demo.html

I have a 1988 Priority Records (Calif.) CD, and even though the (Variest Artists) sources aren't ideal, its loudness is impressive for such an old CD!

This, too:
https://sites.google.com/site/songsby/hank-waring

Jack

'Loudness' is not something to impressed about for its own sake.

CDs could be produced (as could music) with pretty much any loudness
desired since day 1, so what's the big deal ? As could tape or vinyl
(with conditions).

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro
None None is offline

"geoff" wrote in message
flush

As annoying as Jerkoff himself are the dumb****s who keep him coming
back by continually taking his bait. He yanks your strings, and you
dance to his tune.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

On 22/08/2016 2:08 PM, None wrote:
As annoying as Jerkoff himself are the dumb****s who keep him coming
back by continually taking his bait. He yanks your strings, and you
dance to his tune.

Worse still, those who know how to use a kill file, still see his crap
because they quote it in their answers. :-(

Trevor.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Sunday, August 21, 2016 at 11:50:51 PM UTC-4, geoff wrote:
On 22/08/2016 12:09 p.m., JackA wrote:
http://fdslabs.com/audio_demo.html

I have a 1988 Priority Records (Calif.) CD, and even though the (Variest Artists) sources aren't ideal, its loudness is impressive for such an old CD!

This, too:
https://sites.google.com/site/songsby/hank-waring

Jack

'Loudness' is not something to impressed about for its own sake.

CDs could be produced (as could music) with pretty much any loudness
desired since day 1, so what's the big deal ? As could tape or vinyl
(with conditions).

geoff

Did you hear some of the snippets of forensic audio work?? Pretty amazing!

Jack

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Monday, August 22, 2016 at 5:46:51 AM UTC-4, Trevor wrote:
On 22/08/2016 2:08 PM, None wrote:
As annoying as Jerkoff himself are the dumb****s who keep him coming
back by continually taking his bait. He yanks your strings, and you
dance to his tune.

Worse still, those who know how to use a kill file, still see his crap
because they quote it in their answers. :-(

Trevor.

To Trevor and geoff:

I've learned not to, except where needed, as in this
instance, NOT to bring up the subjects of 'loudness',
'compression', since it has become apparent that
JackA and N- are BOTH champions of it.

Just don't breach the subject - on R.A.P. at least -
and the diahhrea will settle back to the bottom of
the toilet bowl, where it belongs.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 22/08/2016 4:08 p.m., None wrote:
"geoff" wrote in message
flush

As annoying as Jerkoff himself are the dumb****s who keep him coming
back by continually taking his bait. He yanks your strings, and you
dance to his tune.

Gives you a sense of purpose though, apparently.

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro

geoff wrote: "Gives you a sense of purpose though, apparently.
geoff"

What purpose - to trigger a swear-bot up in
Mass.?
Posted to rec.audio.pro
None None is offline

thekma @ braindamage.org wrote in message
because they quote it in their answers.

I've learned not to

Obviously, you haven't learned. Anything. Ever.

except where needed,

Needed? You mean by your uncontrollable hobbyhorse compulsion.

as in this
instance, NOT to bring up the subjects of 'loudness',
'compression', since it has become apparent that
JackA and N- are BOTH champions of it.

I am? You apparently think that calling you (accurately) a retarded
shortbus dumb**** makes me a "champion" of something, giving further
evidence that you were dropped on your head, repeatedly, as a child.
Its fortunate for you that you found a job at the "hire a dumb****"
junk store, or you would be in front of the Qwik-e-Mart shaking a
SooperSlurpy cup filled with spare change.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Monday, August 22, 2016 at 9:04:42 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Monday, August 22, 2016 at 5:46:51 AM UTC-4, Trevor wrote:
On 22/08/2016 2:08 PM, None wrote:
As annoying as Jerkoff himself are the dumb****s who keep him coming
back by continually taking his bait. He yanks your strings, and you
dance to his tune.

Worse still, those who know how to use a kill file, still see his crap
because they quote it in their answers. :-(

Trevor.

To Trevor and geoff:

I've learned not to, except where needed, as in this
instance, NOT to bring up the subjects of 'loudness',
'compression', since it has become apparent that
JackA and N- are BOTH champions of it.

Just don't breach the subject - on R.A.P. at least -
and the diahhrea will settle back to the bottom of
the toilet bowl, where it belongs.

I feel like Vladimir Putin here, I'm not sure how to get through to you.
Those low volume CDs can be had for less that $1.00, because the are boring to most and little value to anyone. However, since I enjoy alternate versions and such, and know no one is about to remaster what already has been remaster, I do my own audio work magic on them.

Had I had a DAW about the late 80's and a very fast computer, rather than a 80386 CPU, I would have been a millionaire, just by reworking audio.

Jack

Jack

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Sunday, August 21, 2016 at 11:50:51 PM UTC-4, geoff wrote:
On 22/08/2016 12:09 p.m., JackA wrote:
http://fdslabs.com/audio_demo.html

I have a 1988 Priority Records (Calif.) CD, and even though the (Variest Artists) sources aren't ideal, its loudness is impressive for such an old CD!

This, too:
https://sites.google.com/site/songsby/hank-waring

Jack

'Loudness' is not something to impressed about for its own sake.

CDs could be produced (as could music) with pretty much any loudness
desired since day 1, so what's the big deal ? As could tape or vinyl
(with conditions).

geoff

One, maybe an engineer, spoke it well on YouTube. He said, get your "mix" as close as possible, because if you don't, you'll regret it later. What he was trying to say is, mixing has nothing to do with enhancing, a process that commonly happens later in the audio world. I doubt anyone just mixed stereo, and tossed it out to the public, as is!! A fine example is Elton John, if no audio enhancing on his (hit) songs, they'd put you to sleep.

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Monday, August 22, 2016 at 5:46:51 AM UTC-4, Trevor wrote:
On 22/08/2016 2:08 PM, None wrote:
As annoying as Jerkoff himself are the dumb****s who keep him coming
back by continually taking his bait. He yanks your strings, and you
dance to his tune.

Worse still, those who know how to use a kill file, still see his crap
because they quote it in their answers. :-(

Trevor.

Yet, Trevor, who never did apologized after he wrote that Stone Poney hit song wasn't a different [LP] stereo mix than the "hit" version, and should put on his horse [kill filter] blinders, to spare him from embarrassment. Lot of cruel people in this world.

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

"geoff" wrote in message
flush

As annoying as Jerkoff himself are the dumb****s who keep him coming
back by continually taking his bait. He yanks your strings, and you
dance to his tune.

Gives you a sense of purpose though, apparently.

"None" demands more attention here.

Jack

geoff