Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.pro
1961Humbucker1 1961Humbucker1 is offline

Default Paging Mr.Mike Rivers or others. For info on Mackie 8 ChannelMaster Control. (older model, all black, MIDI, non USB).

Hi guys,

I was given a tip from somebody on another forum that Mike Rivers on this forum might have some info in regards to my question but if anybody else would care to chime in please do.

A buddy of mine aquired an older model(all black in colour) Mackie 8 Channel Master Control a few years ago, it's just MIDI and not USB but the wall adapter was missing and he never did manage to get a replacement for it. So, he turned around and gave it to me, I got it free which is awesome but it's totally useless without the external power supply.

There's no model number anywhere on the controller or even on the cardboard box that it came in, a bit weird. So if somebody here can help me figure out what I should be buying for a replacement that would be super appreciated.

BTW. Here is a YouTube video that shows the model that I know own:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwqtSSJSgvE

The info on the box lists all the DAWs that it can be used with and there's a bunch of them. Pro Tools is listed at the very top but there is a note that says:
"visit www.mackie.com for details on the Free pro Tools Compatability Kit"

But that was so long ago that that page doesn't exist anymore over at the Mackie website. And it looks like they don't offer any support for discontinued products. I did send them an email but I'm not going to hold my breath expecting an answer from them to be honest.

Maybe there's something that can be downloaded from Avid for this purpose?

I'm not a tech savvy person in this kind of thing so I'm hoping that somebody here can chime in with some advice.

If I could at least track down a power supply for it, it might work with Pro Tools 12.7.1 right out of the gate without having to chase down some kind of download to get the MIDI mapping to work correctly.

It would be awesome to get this thing set up in my little studio, it's quite a high quality looking piece of gear.

Any help with this would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!

Mike Rivers Dash Pro Audio 2 December 29th 17 07:20 AM
Hey mike rivers Nate Najar Pro Audio 2 June 17th 15 04:48 AM
Mike Rivers: Is this you? Bob Quintal Pro Audio 1 September 7th 06 12:38 PM
A click for Mike Rivers apa Pro Audio 0 May 27th 04 07:26 PM
Paging Mr. Mike Rivers... Robin Pro Audio 0 September 24th 03 02:07 AM