Radioman390

Default More EBay travesty of justice. Punishing!

Should this be allowed?

Look at this auction being used to PUNISH!

Rich.Andrews

(Radioman390) wrote in news:20040630220217.25561.00001005
@mb-m29.news.cs.com:

Should this be allowed?

Look at this auction being used to PUNISH!

Absolutely! I know someone who would have destroyed it while the kid
watched. Actions have results and the results may be undesireable.

TonyP

Rich.Andrews wrote:
(Radioman390) wrote in news:20040630220217.25561.00001005
@mb-m29.news.cs.com:

Should this be allowed?

Look at this auction being used to PUNISH!

Absolutely! I know someone who would have destroyed it while the kid
watched. Actions have results and the results may be undesireable.

Dad had to recoup some of his loss. Then the kid would also have to see
a doctor. I would have beaten the stuffin out of him, called his friends
parents, and then chain the kid to a radiator in the bathroom.

Rich.Andrews

TonyP wrote in news:K6NEc.57804$OT6.23515363
@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net:

Rich.Andrews wrote:
(Radioman390) wrote in

@mb-m29.news.cs.com:

Should this be allowed?

Look at this auction being used to PUNISH!

Absolutely! I know someone who would have destroyed it while the kid
watched. Actions have results and the results may be undesireable.

Dad had to recoup some of his loss. Then the kid would also have to see
a doctor. I would have beaten the stuffin out of him, called his friends
parents, and then chain the kid to a radiator in the bathroom.

As much as one would like to inflict physical punishment for the
transgressions, chaining him to a radiator is a bit much.

William Sommerwerck

A couple of years ago I was in Toys R Us, standing in the checkout behind an
elderly gentleman whose grandchild was kicking and screaming because the toy his
granddad had bought him was not exactly what he wanted. (It was like the
comparable scene in "Babe," only worse.)

I can't tell you how badly I wanted to beat that child. I also wanted to
tongue-lash him and his grandfather, but I kept silent. If adults want to
indulge their offspring and refuse to discipline them... Well, they'll suffer
the consequences.

TonyP

William Sommerwerck wrote:

A couple of years ago I was in Toys R Us, standing in the checkout behind an
elderly gentleman whose grandchild was kicking and screaming because the toy his
granddad had bought him was not exactly what he wanted. (It was like the
comparable scene in "Babe," only worse.)

I can't tell you how badly I wanted to beat that child. I also wanted to
tongue-lash him and his grandfather, but I kept silent. If adults want to
indulge their offspring and refuse to discipline them... Well, they'll suffer
the consequences.

And, that is where we get parental abuse from. My son is 14 and is
trying to test his 'authority' and 'dominance' in the home.
I told him if he wants to be the man and disrespect mother and sister, I
will beat him like a man. Of course, he can swing back. I told him he
could. After using him as a punching bag (body/arm shots only, not hard,
but solid contact), he relented. So, when he gets out of line, I remind
him of what happened and how it will happen again.

TonyP

Rich.Andrews wrote:

TonyP wrote in news:K6NEc.57804$OT6.23515363
@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net:

Dad had to recoup some of his loss. Then the kid would also have to see
a doctor. I would have beaten the stuffin out of him, called his friends
parents, and then chain the kid to a radiator in the bathroom.

As much as one would like to inflict physical punishment for the
transgressions, chaining him to a radiator is a bit much.

Ok... you are right. The kitchen sink then...

William Sommerwerck

Allowed? It should be encouraged!!!

I'm not sure I altogether believe the listing, as he describes his 13-year-old
son as being 6'3". That's not unheard-of, but it's highly uncommon.

Should this be allowed?
Look at this auction being used to PUNISH!

Mr. Tawny the Talking Tiger

I think the punishment fits the crime(s) admirably. At a certain age
a "spanking" doesn't mean anything. Once a child is old enough to
comprehend that actions have consequeces. Financial consequences are
the most easily understood, and often far more painful. If this kid
wants a Playstation again he is going to have to get it the old
fashioned way, working. And every minute he is toiling the memory of
why he is doing so will be gently burned into the back of his mind.

I can't beleive some of the punishments mentioned here either. I can
only hope you were joking, or you should look for professional help.

TonyP

Mr. Tawny the Talking Tiger wrote:

I think the punishment fits the crime(s) admirably. At a certain age
a "spanking" doesn't mean anything. Once a child is old enough to
comprehend that actions have consequeces. Financial consequences are
the most easily understood, and often far more painful. If this kid
wants a Playstation again he is going to have to get it the old
fashioned way, working. And every minute he is toiling the memory of
why he is doing so will be gently burned into the back of his mind.

I can't beleive some of the punishments mentioned here either. I can
only hope you were joking, or you should look for professional help.

The professional help (wife is one of those pychologists) is fine in
some cases. But a good spanking can help also. I know about strong
willed kids. I also know that by the time they are in their teens, and
you have allowed them 'free reign', there will be nothing you can do to
change it. Train them young. Be firm but loving. And, let them know that
there are consquences for their misbehavior, and DO IT.

Robert Morein

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
Allowed? It should be encouraged!!!

I'm not sure I altogether believe the listing, as he describes his

13-year-old
son as being 6'3". That's not unheard-of, but it's highly uncommon.

Should this be allowed?
Look at this auction being used to PUNISH!

It's a highly effective alternative to corporal punishment. The child is
effectively being taught that actions have consequences.

Agent_C

This is what you get when you try to email the kid at the address he
posted:

---
Unable to deliver message to the following address(es).

:
207.115.57.15 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 553 5.3.0 ... Addressee
unknown, relay=[216.136.225.12]
Giving up on 207.115.57.15.

--- Original message follows.

Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2004 04:37:59 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Selling Son's Beloved Play Station 2 For Punishment!

Tell your father I think he's a small minded, mean
spirited, asshole.

A_C

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 07:32:59 -0400, Agent_C
wrote:

On 01 Jul 2004 02:02:17 GMT,
(Radioman390) wrote:

Should this be allowed?

I'd say it's worth maybe 5 years of therapy for this kid. Makes you
wonder what other 'parenting' skills this father is applying.

A_C

Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2004 04:37:59 -0700 (PDT)

Tell your father I think he's a small minded, mean
spirited, asshole.

A_C

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 07:32:59 -0400, Agent_C