Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default RNC question

Does anybody know the actual current drain of an RNC off the top of
their head ? I have the 9vac version, and I know it *says* 500mA on the
back.

I am putting together a single power supply for all 3 and don't want to
unnecessarily overdo the current . But I am not where they actually are
at the moment so am unable to test for myself.

cheers

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 5/7/2017 11:17 PM, geoff wrote:
Does anybody know the actual current drain of an RNC off the top of
their head ? I have the 9vac version, and I know it *says* 500mA on the
back.

I am putting together a single power supply for all 3 and don't want to
unnecessarily overdo the current .

You can't overdo the current. Get a 1.5A transformer. Or if you really
want to cut the corners as tight as you can, e-mail
and ask the man who designed it.

--

For a good time, call
http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] jjaj1998@netscape.net is offline

On Monday, May 8, 2017 at 7:27:59 AM UTC-4, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 5/7/2017 11:17 PM, geoff wrote:
Does anybody know the actual current drain of an RNC off the top of
their head ? I have the 9vac version, and I know it *says* 500mA on the
back.

I am putting together a single power supply for all 3 and don't want to
unnecessarily overdo the current .

You can't overdo the current. Get a 1.5A transformer. Or if you really
want to cut the corners as tight as you can, e-mail
and ask the man who designed it.

--

For a good time, call
http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com

1.5A 9VDC supply, $6.95!
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=9v+dc+power+supply

A lot cheaper than a POS HP CD writer!

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] jjaj1998@netscape.net is offline

On Monday, May 8, 2017 at 8:16:07 AM UTC-4, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 5/8/2017 8:01 AM, wrote:
1.5A 9VDC supply, $6.95!

RTFMessage! This is a DC power supply (about a hundred of 'em - you
could have linked to the one you thought was the right one). A DC power
supply won't power a device that expects an AC input, at least not with
considerable modification.

--

For a good time, call
http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com

You know, you scream at me, but it's Geoff failing to tell what RNC he has!

"rear panel view shows 600mA"...
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/low-...er-supply.html

Not sure why people continue with electronic stuff [rather than digital], guess they like turning knobs!! Like a pacifier.

Jack :-)
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 5/8/2017 8:01 AM, wrote:
1.5A 9VDC supply, $6.95!

RTFMessage! This is a DC power supply (about a hundred of 'em - you
could have linked to the one you thought was the right one). A DC power
supply won't power a device that expects an AC input, at least not with
considerable modification.

--

For a good time, call
http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com

Geoff dials: (01) 512 352 3290

Ring ring.
Hello, FMR Audio, may I help you?
I'd like to know average and max current draw for RNC blah, blah, blah...
Why certainly, it is blah, blah, blah.
Thank you, blah, *click*

Geez!

Jack

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 8/05/2017 3:17 PM, geoff wrote:
Does anybody know the actual current drain of an RNC off the top of
their head ? I have the 9vac version, and I know it *says* 500mA on the
back.

I am putting together a single power supply for all 3 and don't want to
unnecessarily overdo the current . But I am not where they actually are
at the moment so am unable to test for myself.

cheers

geoff

Heard back from Mark @ FMR.

350mA each with the disclaimers 'closer to' and 'in normal circumstances'.

So trying to power 3 off a 1A rated plug-pack daisy-chained would be
stretching things, so I'll go with the next-size-up transformer built
into a case option.

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Tuesday, May 9, 2017 at 4:15:05 PM UTC-4, geoff wrote:
On 8/05/2017 3:17 PM, geoff wrote:
Does anybody know the actual current drain of an RNC off the top of
their head ? I have the 9vac version, and I know it *says* 500mA on the
back.

I am putting together a single power supply for all 3 and don't want to
unnecessarily overdo the current . But I am not where they actually are
at the moment so am unable to test for myself.

cheers

geoff

Heard back from Mark @ FMR.

350mA each with the disclaimers 'closer to' and 'in normal circumstances'.

So trying to power 3 off a 1A rated plug-pack daisy-chained would be
stretching things, so I'll go with the next-size-up transformer built
into a case option.

But it is Music, not a stable load.

Jack

geoff