Fred

Default Filtering hiss behind voiceover

Could someone please tell me how to remove the room-tone hiss from a
voice recording done via microphone into a computer sound card?

I am trying to record the narration for a flash movie. I am using a
Labtec Axis-521 headset microphone.I am recording the voice over using
RealOne Player Plus. I have a SoundMAX Digital Audio card and software
on my Dell.

Is this inferior hardware and software for voice recording or do I
have roomtone hiss because I don't have filtering software?

Thanks,
Fred
Arny Krueger

"Fred" wrote in message
om

Could someone please tell me how to remove the room-tone hiss from a
voice recording done via microphone into a computer sound card?

I am trying to record the narration for a flash movie. I am using a
Labtec Axis-521 headset microphone. I am recording the voice over using
RealOne Player Plus. I have a SoundMAX Digital Audio card and software
on my Dell.

Is this inferior hardware and software for voice recording

Your equipment is from just about bottom of the barrel. Anything appreciably
poorer wouldn't work.

or do I have roomtone hiss because I don't have filtering software?

Does your room have lots of air conditioning noise or other source of
hissing sounds?

Dave

To do a proper voice over, you need a good mic, good mic pre, good
interface, and good sound card. Oh, and a good room to record in. Have
someone who knows what they are doing do it for you. I would almost bet your
problems are the mic, the soundcard, the A/D converters....the list goes on.