Posted to rec.audio.opinion
dave weil dave weil is offline

Default More 70/80s reunions

First it was The Police. Then Crowded House. Now, it's been announced
that Squeeze is getting back together later this year for a short
series of shows in the UK. Hopefully they'll do the US as well.

Ironically, I've seen both Difford and Tilbrook within weeks of each
other in the same club already this year. Universal is putting
together a new "Best of" comp for Squeeze and apparently they're
planning to do some extensive promotion of it. It would be nice if
this were the impetus for some new collaborations between Difford and
Tilbrook. At least we know that Crowded House will have a new album
out fairly soon.

Oh yeah, Costello is trotting out the Imposters for a fairly
substantial mid-year series of shows. I guess twins are more expensive
than he thought chuckle.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article ,
dave weil wrote:

First it was The Police. Then Crowded House. Now, it's been announced
that Squeeze is getting back together later this year for a short
series of shows in the UK. Hopefully they'll do the US as well.

Ironically, I've seen both Difford and Tilbrook within weeks of each
other in the same club already this year. Universal is putting
together a new "Best of" comp for Squeeze and apparently they're
planning to do some extensive promotion of it. It would be nice if
this were the impetus for some new collaborations between Difford and
Tilbrook. At least we know that Crowded House will have a new album
out fairly soon.

Oh yeah, Costello is trotting out the Imposters for a fairly
substantial mid-year series of shows. I guess twins are more expensive
than he thought chuckle.

A&E's Sunday morning arts show had a Christmas music show with Diana
that must have been rerun from a previous year as there was no sign of
twins!

Another reunion: the Fairport Convention 40-year reunion.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
dave weil dave weil is offline

On 9 Mar 2007 20:05:36 -0800, "Clyde Slick"
wrote:

dave weil a scris:
First it was The Police. Then Crowded House. Now, it's been announced
that Squeeze is getting back together later this year for a short
series of shows in the UK. Hopefully they'll do the US as well.

Ironically, I've seen both Difford and Tilbrook within weeks of each
other in the same club already this year. Universal is putting
together a new "Best of" comp for Squeeze and apparently they're
planning to do some extensive promotion of it. It would be nice if
this were the impetus for some new collaborations between Difford and
Tilbrook. At least we know that Crowded House will have a new album
out fairly soon

Paul Carrack too?

I don't think so. Nor Jools Holland, although there's been no
announcment of who's going to comprise the rest of Squeeze, so it's
not out of the question for Carrack. Holland is busy with his BBC work
and has expressed ZERO interest in any reunion. I think he sees it as
"beneath him".
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

One reunion on hold: Van Halen while Eddie's in rehab.

You'd think Boston would be off, but if the Who can go on without the
Ox, who knows?

Stephen